Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #149 - May Day!

Hello and good morning peeps! We have a new challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH! Since May 1st is May Day, we'd like you to create a card or project inspired by the May Pole - it can be ribbon, something twisted, rainbow colors, or just something very tall and skinny! LOL! There are boat loads of options! Here are a couple of inspirations pics I found on the Google:

 

I remember partaking in weaving the May Pole as a youngster, many millennia ago. Here's my take on the challenge:


And the inside of my card:

I really shopped my stash on this card - white and blue card stock from the scrap pile. Ribbons, which I have collected gagillions and rarely use. Flower stickers (an unopened package, and I used them ALL on this card!) I picked three coordinating ribbons (one had the blue on one side and the green/pink stripes on the other) and just weaved them onto the white panel. Stamped the sentiment, added the flower stickers, stamped the inside sentiment and used the last sticker and that was that!

If you're like me, a ribbon hoarder, then this is the challenge for you! Just link up your card or project at Shopping Our Stash so we can Oooh and Aaah over your brilliance! And please be sure to check out what my teammates created for your viewing pleasure! Thanks for stopping by! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday; Paper Smooches - Royal Cuteness
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel
CS: the Paper Co. (blue); Darice (white)
Accessories: Ribbon - May Arts, Jo-Ann Craft Essentials, KI Memories; Sandylion - flower stickers
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent; Recollections - red tape; Glue Dots

10 comments:

  1. Awesome card, love how you did the ribbons. Your use of the stickers is great, I haven't a clue how to use just stickers on a card. Of course I need to have stickers to use them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The PERFECT use for hoarded ribbon, of which I might have a vast collection. LOVELY card, and BONUS with the flower stickers. You must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to riff on the May Day inspiration! Colourful and sweet. But wait... we're supposed to actually use the ribbon we collect? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun challenge idea, and such a FUN interpretation of a may pole you achieved here with the ribbon weaving! Very, very cool, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love LOVE your gorgeous card, that woven ribbon is BEYOND fab!!! (ps totally jealous you actually got to weave a may pole once!!!) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet - love how you wove the ribbons and then scattered the flowers around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's that BOATLOADS word again....lol!
    This is amazing - the weaving must have taken forever! It looks awesome. I love the mix of colours & patterns. And using up the whole package of flowers - now THAT is stash shopping. I have a miserable problem with hoarding the last sticker. Whyyyyyyyy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Love the bright woven ribbons. I should try this since I have more ribbon than I know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhh love the ribbon weaving!! Miss Fancy Pants!!
    You actually partook in a may pole activity?? I am uber jealous of THAT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.