Friday, January 18, 2013

Dino-mite!....

Good morning and TGIF!! I am excited for the weekend to start. I had an email this morning from a friend that I haven't seen in over a year. She moved out of state a while ago, but will be in my neck of the woods tomorrow, so we are going to meet for lunch and catch up. So excited!

So, last night I was up in my craft cave, and made this card to send to my niece for her birthday.


And the inside:


Here is the sketch I based it on:


I'll be entering this in the current Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge: Designer Draft. I followed the sketch pretty closely, but adding my own flair to it (the rounded corners). I gave the dinosaur a "bow" made of bone! HA! A girly dinosaur - I love it!

Well, that's it for now. I've got to go straighten up the guest bedroom, just in case Linda crashes overnight! Drinking, along with eating, was perhaps mentioned, so I want to be ready just in case! LOL!

Have a great day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
DP: MME - The Sweetest Thing
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Hullabaloo (Happy Birthday); Knick Knacks (You Rock); Cutasaurus (Dino, You are awesome, rocks, bone, foot print)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan
Markers: Marvy Uchida
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - MyStik, 3D Foam Squares
Fiskars corner rounder


9 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Great take on that sketch. Love the sentiment and cute stamps. So cute what you did with her bow!
    Hope you have a fabulous time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute, great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cute, Batman! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute - I like how you just rounded one corner of the overlapping pieces. Somehow it mirrors the beasties tail and draws the eye. Love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness... LOVE both takes!!! I adore those dinos. thanks for joining us for this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you created the inside and out of this card!!! Double points for you---fab fab fab! LOVE those papers and that yellow dino! FUN!! FAB take on last week's sketch! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    Hope you will join in the fun again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable. I love the inside-I laughed when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.