Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birthday Fishes

Yeah! We finally have a sunny day in the 80's! Woo Hoo! And what am I doing? Blogging! (but I was outside alot today. Just taking a break)

This card is for the Card Patterns sketch 163. It's been around for awhile, just a new blog site for me.


and the inside...

Here's the sketch:


I was going to use just 2 fish and add them centered over the ribbon, but it looked too wonky to me. So when I moved them off to the corner, I realized I could use them as the banner instead. Brilliant! I cut another fish out, used some foam squares on the back of them, and ta-da: fish banner! The fish and star fish were all die cut using my Slice machine and the Under the Sea cartridge. I masked the w in wishes and stamped an 'f'....very badly! Ugh! I despise when I do that! (and that was my second attempt too! I'll blame it on it being late last night when I was working on this card, and I was tired. Yeah, that will work! LOL!) Then, when looking at the scrap of blue I cut the fishes out of, I thought that would look cool on the inside of the card! (brilliant idea #2! LOL!)

The card stock is Bazzill and The Paper Co.; the patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye; ribbon is from May Arts (tan ribbon) and Hirschberg Schultz (blue cord); stamps are from Inkadinkado (birthday wishes), Fiskars (the f), and Hero Arts (inside sentiment).

Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know what you think of my card. I read all responses! Have a great day!

Chris ☺

3 comments:

  1. How cute!! Love the colors here and that fish garland. So creative. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, love your fishies and great interpretation of that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love that you used fish for the garland! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.