Tuesday, August 13, 2019

SHOPPING OUR STASH #402 - Gone Fishin'


Hello crafty peeps and welcome!
It's the start of a new challenge at
Gone Fishin' is our theme this fortnight. We'd like to see
fish themed or a fish on your projects.
I made a couple punny fish cards:


For my first card, I broke out these creepy-cute fishes and colored them
with Spectrum Noir markers. The background is a gelli print that I made last
year. I simply used a circle stencil that I blended over it. I used my 
computer to print out the sentiment.


Here's the inside:


My Twofer is yet another punny (and perhaps bizarre), card:


Fish-as-Christmas-Ornaments? Sure, why not?
I stamped two different sizes of pine boughs with two colors of distress inks.
Stamped, colored and fussy cut my fish and popped them up with foam
squares. I dug in my Christmas stash and found these ancient mylar light bulb 
stickers. Last, I tied some silver floss around the fish tails, you know,
because they needed to be all festive like. LOL!

Here's the inside of this card:



I hope that you find some time to join in our Fish challenge at
Shopping Our Stash! We look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Needing more ideas? Simply visit the blogs of my teammies, and leave
some love while there. 
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!






I'd like to enter the Birthday Fishes card at:




I'd like to enter the Merry Fishmas card at:




Supplies - Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: Dylusions - Under the Sea; MFT - Birthday Greetings
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Nautical Blue
CS: Crafter's Companion; Neenah; Bazzill
Accessories: Gelli print using DecoArt Americana Acrylic paints; Gelli Plate; printer paper and brayer; Spectrum Noir markers; Ranger Glossy Accents; Wink of Stella pen; MISTI; GC; SB - Lg & Sm standard circle Nesties; Lawn Fawn - scalloped rectangle die; STAMPlorations - Retro Circles stencil; Picket Fence blending brush; computer and printer
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & thin 3D foam squares

Supplies - Merry Fishmas card:
Stamps: Dylusions - Under the Sea; Rubber Dance - Pine Fir Yew; The Ink Road stamps - Are you serious, Clark?
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Northern Pine; Ranger DI - Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough
CS: Crafter's Companion; Neenah; Taylored Expressions; Darice
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; MISTI; Ranger Glossy Accents; Sticko - metallic lights stickers; DMC floss; computer and printer
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh Merry Fishmas!!
    Perfect
    OK I am in LOVE with those creepy-cute fishies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MERRY FISH-mas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, these are soooooooo flippin' awesome missus! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Merry Fish-mas? GENIUS!! So, so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fab cards with those funny fish, Chris! That Fishmas card is sure to bring a smile to the recipient and I love your circle background on card two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, those fishies are ugly cute. Merry Fish-mas who would have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these both-- how could I not?! Bright colors of cute funky fish... the Fishmas card is so clever, though! Love it! May have to "borrow" that phrase! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two designs just scream fun, Chrispy ~ no surprise coming from you and no surprise that I love them both! Great jelly plate background on your first design and I love the colors and layers! And why NOT fish as ornaments?! My tree has frogs, an alligator, and at least one bear, so maybe you'll start a new trend and this year fish ornaments will be all the rage! If that happens, I hope they are grizzly, googly-eyed, and snaggle-tooth fishies just like these!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #19! (Perfect timing with the SOS challenge! I'll be over there to link my reminder cards if the challenge is still open!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards! I love all of those crazy fish with their googly eyes. The one with the circle background and sentiment circle are absolutely perfect for our challenge of circles this week. I love all of the vibrant colors. Thanks so much for coming back to join us this week in our 500th challenge at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know several people who are avid fishermen, and they would love (and chuckle at) this Fishmas card! Using the fish as ornaments is just a brilliant idea! Very punny indeed!! Your birthday card is very cool. The background you've created is simply stunning and it has a perfect under-the-sea quality. But those fish... They just crack me up! Thanks for joining us this month at the Twofer Challenge. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUper stuff and great fun! Those fish are just wonderful!
    It's great to see you joining in at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge
    Thank you!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both great Chris but the fish as decorations hanging from a Christmas tree? Now, that's genius right there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sistah, I love the way your mind works. Fishy festive baubles!!! I want some of those for my tree this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your merry card brought a big smile to my face, Chris and that is such a creative design! You've got to love puns!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why not fish on your Christmas tree?? Great idea for a card and a perfect sentiment too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.