Tuesday, March 26, 2019

SHOPPING OUR STASH #392 - Make an ATC


Hello and happy Tuesday to you all!
It's time for a new challenge at 
This fortnight we are challenging you to step outside your
comfort zone and make an ATC, either a card or coin!

Here's my Artist Trading Card:



Grab your favorite beverage, this is a photo heavy post!
I started by cutting my ATC's from recycled cardboard (2-1/2" x 3-1/2")
and gave the front sides a coat of Gesso.


I cut a mop up paper towel that had Dylusions spray inks on them,
and adhered to the card with clear gesso.


After dry and the edges were trimmed, I went over the cards with crackle embossing
paste and a heart stencil. While drying, I die cut some mermaid silhouettes from black
card stock, and Winked all of them for some shimmer.


To make sure the edges didn't tear, and to add a border, I used my finger and painted
gold paint around the edges. 



I printed out my sentiment on the computer, doodled around the words and cut out.
The mermaids and sentiments are adhered with foam squares, then I added some
ancient bling from my stash for more sparkle.


You can kind of see the shimmer on the mermaid below and how the gold shines.
I love the added texture from the paper towel!


Yay! You made it to the end!
I hope that you find some time to play along in our ATC challenge at
Shopping Our Stash! We look forward to seeing what you create.
Need more ideas? Simply visit the blogs of my teammies to see
what amazing cards and coins they've created!
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a fabulous day!





I'd like to enter this at:






Supplies:
recycled cardboard
Golden Gesso
Plaid paintbrush
Dina Wakey clear Gesso
mop up paper towel that had Dylusions spray inks on it
STAMPlorations - Hearts All Over stencil
Dreamweaver - crackle embossing paste
pallet knife
Delta metallic 14K gold acrylic paint
Grand Calibur
Impression Obsession - Mermaid dies
Wink of Stella pen
scrap card stock
computer and printer
Sakura - metallic blue Gelly Roll pen
SA by 3L - thin 3D foam squares
Momenta - jewel stickers

8 comments:

  1. Great tutorial on the process (I always like reading these but never execute them) Gorgeous backgrounds and great theme. awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW gorgeous mermaid ATCs
    I am completely and utterly in love with the colours and the mermaid silhouettes!!
    You rocked it sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, these are fabulous! It is funny seeing how we all decided to do more than one project. The work is so amazing. Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!! How gorgeous are these!!! Those Mermaid dies are amazing and you created the most beautiful background for them. Love every single one of these cards, love the details on each, how fantastic they all are!!
    I'm so happy we have this challenge, otherwise I might never found out about this style of crafting, I love it, love it seriously!!!
    Thank you for sharing the picture tutorial at how you created those amazing backgrounds for your Little Mermaids.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A colour crafting sensation. Thanks for entering Mix It Up this month. Anne ( MIUCB DT )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm blown away! Love the colors and texture of the paper towel. So smart! Thanks for joining us at Mix It UP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Miss over-achiever over here! LOL, these are AWESOME! Got mine in the mail last week and it is on my kitchen table for all to admire! Love the colors and the gold edges. Plus, the mermaid dies are FABBY!!!Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.