Tuesday, September 25, 2018

SHOPPING OUR STASH #373 - Smooshing Technique


 Hello and happy Tuesday crafty peeps!
The new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH is a
fun one - use the smooshing technique!
Here's what I came up with:


here's the inside:

I started with this smooshed panel, which was the mop up panel from this card. 
(I couldn't just waste all these lovely ink colors, now could I?)
  I decided to die cut the solid ornament layers from this, then the outline
layers from silver foil paper.


I added some splatters with one of the same inks used on the panel,
stamped the sentiment, added some silver floss and it all came
together pretty quickly.

I hope you find some time this week to join the smooshing fun at
Shopping Our Stash! We can't wait to see what you create in our gallery!
Need more ideas? Simply check out what my teammates smooshed up
for your viewing pleasure, and leave a comment while visiting their blogs.
We love and appreciate comments!
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!






Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Christmas Bells Medley; Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: Ranger DI - cracked pistachio, twisted citron, lucky clover, aged mahogany; Memento - tuxedo black
CS: TE; Neenah; Darice
DP: Recollections - silver foil
Accessories: GC; STAMPlorations - Christmas Baubles 1 & 2 layering dies; Lawn Fawn - scalloped rectangle die; MISTI; DMC floss; paint brush; water mister
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, thin 3D foam squares

5 comments:

  1. Hi there Chris: First of all, thank you for uploading my card, you are so kind and patient.
    And now let me tell you about your card.....you and I got the same idea for our cards, love yours, the die cuts are so delicate and beautiful and they look amazing with your smooshed panels, the colors are gorgeous.
    Awesome Christmas card, teammate.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love this! Great job using that extra ink! And when your stamp set, I'm imagining imagining the possibilities and opportunities to use extra ink forever on your holiday greetings! Love this card and the simple design... two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab fab fab!
    The ornaments are gorgeous!!
    This was so much fun! I have never smooshed before!
    Super idea for a challenge sistah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.