Tuesday, March 20, 2018

SHOPPING OUR STASH #346 - Here Comes Peter Cottontail


Hello and welcome!
I hope all of you who celebrated St. Patrick's Day have
recovered from all the shenanigans (and drinking)
that holiday brings! LOL!

This week at
we are gearing up for the next big holiday: EASTER!
We'd love to see your Easter creations!
Here's the card I made:


I used a new stitch die for the first time.
(Well, I bought it a couple months ago, and
thought I'd better stop just looking at it
sitting on my desk, and use it!)
I did a lot of cross stitching in my 20's and 30's, so the floss
I've used is probably a good 25+ years old.
I couldn't find a tiny white pom pom in all the stash I have, so
I took a bit of a cotton ball, and rolled it around my hands
to make a tiny tail.
So there you have it, a bunny butt Easter card!
I hope that you find some time this week to join in
our Easter challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
We'd love to see what you come up with.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope that you have a great day!



I'd like to enter this at:
Just Add Ink #400 - I was inspired by the soft pastel colors
Creative With Stamps #24 - Bunny



Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Critter Card Puns
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: TE; Neenah
Accessories: GC; Lawn Fawn - scolloped rectangle die; Paper Smooches - stitched square die; DMC floss; needle; cotton ball; MISTI
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Ranger - Multi Medium Matte

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are you, Woman!!! I thought you were in your 30s. Awesome job on the cross stitch, super cute card,

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that is REAL x-stitching!!! ok, i now love this even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and adorable, clever stitching and loving the bob tail too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitched bunny is adorable Chris! I love the fluffy tail and the detail the scalloped border adds. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink for our 400th challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cross-stitching Chris, but I haven't done it for such a long time! What an adorable card - love your bunny! Thank you for joining our 400th Just Add Ink challenge! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Chris, we've recovered from the shenanigans of this fun Holiday, went to my youngest daughter's house to have a "couple" of beers and eat the traditional stuff and have a "couple" of beers.....uhh!! did I just mentioned that??
    Anywho, your card is fabulous, I love cross stitching it's fun and very relaxing, your bunny is adorable and that is the best cotton tail I've seen lately.
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cross stitch bunny butt!!!!
    Super awesome!
    I do loves a wee fluffy tail (he he)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative with Stamps.
    Crafty hugs xx (scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stoppittt... this is so cute! I am impressed! Good job on the tail, too. I learned to cross-stitch while in Maryland when I was in 7th grade. My aunt's friend Mary in Westminster taught my sister and I and bought us little kits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.