Tuesday, December 6, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #281 - Pretty Packaging



Good morning friends and welcome! We have a fun challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH: Pretty Packaging! We'd like to see your gift, or gift card, packaging. Think altered boxes, bags, tags, anything that would hold a gift or gift card. I bought a package of white pillow boxes a couple years ago, and so that's what I used for my project:


Yep, I made two! I used strips of patterned paper and snowman stickers  I've had in my Christmas stash for years. Once I adhered the patterned paper to the pillow box, I die cut two sizes of ovals, and a scalloped frame. Stuck the sticker on the white oval, glued the scalloped frame to it, then that to the black oval. Then used a few foam squares across the back of the oval to adhere to the pillow box. Lastly, I tied on some twine. Super easy and fun to make!

I hope you find some time to play along this week at Shopping Our Stash! Also, since it's a new month, we have a new Guest Designer! Welcome Beth! (a.k.a. Myoriah!) We are thrilled to have you join us this month! 

For more inspiration, do check out what my teammates came up with for this challenge, visit their blogs and leave them some bloggy lovin!

Just a reminder: We are looking for Guest Designers now! If you'd like to be considered for January, simply leave a "DT" after your name when you link up! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a great day!





Supplies:
DP: Colorbok; MME
CS: scraps
Accessories: Bags & Boxes by Deluxe Co. - pillow boxes; GC; Simon Says Stamp - Frames die; SB - Classic Lg & Sm Oval Nesties; Cloud 9 - stickers; Martha Stewart/MME - twine
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

8 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up those cute stickers! Adorable pillow boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh these are SO COOL!!! you've reminded me that somewhere i have a pillow box pattern, too, and they are a cool way to give GC's and make them look more substantial... off to search, i am!!! b/c you are so inspiring!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute pillow boxes, those stickers are awesome (I seem to be sticker usage challenged)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable, Chris! Love those belly bands around the boxes, and your layered labels are fabulous. Such sweet little snowman stickers. Way to rock that stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Chris,
    Your pillow boxes are wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't know how my post got back to a draft status! It couldn't possibly have been all that wine! Great execution and wonderful composition on box boxes!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! These are so cute! I bet it was fun to mix and match the snowman images with the various strips of patterned paper! (And look at you with your cute seasonal background :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Chris: Fabulous pillow boxes, they are perfect to hold sweet goodies or perhaps some pretty jewelry.
    But I love even more how you decorated them, those stickers are the cutest.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you decorated your pillow box!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

    xx Zoey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.