Saturday, July 23, 2016

JUST US GIRLS #353 - Photo Week


Hello and welcome! Sue is your hostess for Photo Week at JUST US GIRLS, and she's picked this really cool photo as your inspiration! Here's my take on it:


 and the inside:

I've had these dimensional stickers in my stash for over a year now, and it was high time I used them. I stalked Pinterest for inspiration and found this card as my jumping off point. (Thank you Angela!) I think I even used the same plaid paper she did! LOL! Since white space makes me crazy, I used an embossing folder and debossed faux golf ball 'dimples' on the main panel. I was also able to use one of the stickers as part of my punny sentiment! ☺

So, how does that picture inspire you? The golf theme? The ombre background? Why not make something and link it up at Just Us Girls? For more inspiration, do yourself a favor and visit the blogs of my teammates, and our Guest Designer, Carol, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!


I'd like to enter this at Cardz 4 Guyz #129 - Make Us Smile



Supplies: 
Stamps; Paper Smooches - My Guy, Digits; Hero Arts - Good Things
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Echo Park - This & That
CS: Bazzill; Darice
Accessories: GC; Std. Sm & Lg Circle Nesties; Recollections - dimensional stickers; Darice EF; Fiskars - corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares; Scotch - foam tape

13 comments:

  1. This is super cute down to each lovely detail. First off, I'm loving the embossed or debossed background....so perfect for this card. Your golf cart is adorable as is that fun plaid. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You totally nailed the golf theme here! Love the cart and the plaid, and that sentiment is so fun. I think your golf ball "dimples" embossing is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of that EF, I would never came up with that one. Kudos. All around fab. card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars: what an amazing translation of the photo! From the plaid paper, to the golf cart, to the embossing (I LOVE your white space), this is a knockout! Fun, fresh, fabulous! Again, thrilled to be your GD for this challenge! Thank you!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! I know exactly what to do for this challenge... will I have time? An entirely different challenge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I'm not a golf fan, I love this card. That cute little golf buggy, the clever use of the "Fore" sticker - great play on words- the embossed "golf ball" panel and the beautifully matching inside, everything works so well. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it fun to finally use something you have been hoarding forever! I LOVE your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect time to use that great sticker! Love the sentiment on the front and also the dimples! I'm the same with white space! Can't just leave it white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome colors in the plaid patterned paper, perfect for the challenge photo. Those stickers are perfect too. And then the embossed background ties it all together with dots that look like golf balls. Such a well thought out card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous take on this weeks challenge Chris. Funny how you never know when you are going to use something OLD in our stash. Everything always comes needed at some stage. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you were inspired! That embossed background really looks like the dimples on a golf ball and that golf cart and plaid strip is perfect for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talk about the perfect sticker for this challenge! Killer masculine card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.