Tuesday, February 16, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #239 - Fantastic Plastic



Happy Tuesday crafty peeps! We have a new challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This week, we would like to see you use plastic of some type on your card or project. Whether that be acetate for a shaker card, plastic buttons, you could even recycle something plastic! Many options out there, I went with recycling some plastic mesh. Have you ever bought one of those little crates of tangelos, and there's that plastic mesh covering them to hold them in the crate? Yep, that's what I used. Check it:


 Here's the inside:

I am so over with all the red/pink/kissy/mushy Valentine's Day stuff, that I made a Halloween card! LOL! I cut the mesh very wonky and adhered, then just searched my mega stash of Halloween supplies for some dimensional stickers. On the inside I inked the sentiment with red on the bottom and black on top before stamping to the card.  

Ooh! Shiny!

Want to play along? Sure you do! Just make sure to link up at Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you made! While there, please do check out what my teammies created for your viewing pleasure, and leave some love on their blogs! Thanks for visiting!




I'd like to enter this at:














Supplies:
Stamps: Hampton Arts - Beware
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
CS: Bazzill
Accessories: Anna Griffin - Boo sticker; Jolee's Boutique - spider sticker; red plastic mesh from a tangelo box!
Adhesives: Elmer's glue stick

7 comments:

  1. See there are more rebels around....Fab. Halloween card, love the use of the plastic netting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I just bought a bag of wee oranges that I can totally scoff the mesh from for crafty projects!! You are wicked smart!
    I like Halloween SOOOOOOO much more than Valentine's! Is it awful that I wrote "blah blah blah" in Kevinator's valentine card?? Probably...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i looooooooove that you made a halloween card in feb b/c you had a cool orange thing and you felt like makin' a halloween card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and YES, that is an AMAZING use of plastic netting, i'm very nearly tempted to buy citrus fruit in order to get some o'that, lol! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh, I recognized that mesh right away! How absolutely brilliant, Chris! Earth friendly recycling and Halloween spooks at their very best! This stole my heart, my friend! You know I'm a sucker for all things Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one fun card! Love the wonky-cut mesh. I like the rather literal take on the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is extremely clever, Chris! I just put one of those in the recycling bin. Thanks for the inspiration. Great project and beautifully executed!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.