Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #237 - Dreaming of something Warm


Hello friends and welcome! We have a fun (we think!) challenge starting at SHOPPING OUR STASH: Dreaming of something Warm! Whether it be the beach, a steaming cup of tea or coffee, the sun, and with Valentine's Day approaching, warm hugs, we challenge you to create something with a warm theme. I, of course, went with a beach scene. Here's the card I made:


 Here is the inside:

I've discovered that I'm sort of a perfectionist when coloring images. Because of that, I think it took me at least 6 hours to color this one. Sheesh! I swear I used half of my SN markers. LOL! I'm still not happy with the purple bathing suit, but after I re-did it the second time, I told myself to just let it be. (We are our own worst critics)  I added Glossy Accents to the sun glasses and drink glasses, plus Diamond Stickles to the earrings and flower centers. You can see that a bit better in this next pic:



Ready to play along? Of course you are! Simple create a project that has a warm theme to it and link it up at Shopping Our Stash so we can admire it! While there, please do check out the amazing creations of the other ladies, and leave them some bloggy love. Thanks for visiting!


I'd like to enter this at:
CAS: Colours & Sketches #158
Let's Color Linky Party #3 - ATG with something colored














Supplies:
Stamps: AI - Beach Babes; Paper Smooches - Happy Birthday, Streamers; Avery Elle - Cheers
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: #Summer
CS: Crafter's Companion; Darice
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers: GC; Avery Elle - Pierced Rectangle die; Paper Smooches - Streamers die; Ranger - Diamond Stickles & Glossy Accents
Adhesives: SA by 3L - 3D & Thin 3D foam squares

15 comments:

  1. Great card, gotta love those "girlfriends" fab. colouring and great take on the sketch. Love your new blog look too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous rainbow stripes and fabulous ladies! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully colorful card! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your colouring is awesome, purple bathing suit included! And I love the stripey angled panel behind. The sentiments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beach scene, the awesome ladies, the funny sentiment and of course your colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh, this just makes me smile! Seriously adorable bathing beauties image, and seriously fabulous coloring! I love the glossy accents and stickles detailing you added. And that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and LOVE your new blog header, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card and perfect sentiment to go with the image. Love your coloring! Thanks so much for linking up in my Let's Color Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! How fun, Chris! Great coloring and awesome colors. That sentiment is just a hoot! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those ladies certainly look like they're having fun! Beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sunbathing beauties made me chuckle! :) You did an amazing job coloring them! (I don't have the patience for that much coloring!) Thanks for sharing your fun card with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. holy macaroni, that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too funny & soooooooo amazingly colored! yowza! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me smile! Great colouring and a great sentiment too :) Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the image and that sentiment is the best!! The composition is fabulous and that background paper really elevates an already superb project!
    Hug, Sistah!
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.