Tuesday, January 5, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #233 - Color Me Monochromatic



Good morning and welcome to the first challenge of the new year at SHOPPING OUR STASH! It's  bittersweet as we lost our friend and anchor, Leslie Hanna, this past Christmas. But through many tears and discussions among my teammates, and most importantly with the blessings of her sons, we are continuing on. ☺ 

So, with that said, our first challenge of the year is Color Me Monochromatic, basically use your favorite color predominately on your card or project. Neutrals (white, black, grey, beige, kraft) are also ok to use, In honor of Leslie's dislike of the color (gah!) pink, the rest of the crew and I all chose (gah!) pink as our color of choice:


and the inside:

I can't take any credit for the design of this card, because I, of course, stalked  perused Pinterest and found this card by Kalyn Kepner...and had to CASE it. (Thanks Kalyn!) I just gave it my own personal touches to it. ☺ I still have to practice at my water coloring, as my panel came out looking more tye died than what Kalyn's looked like. Oh well, I still like how it came out. 

I hope that you find some time this week (now that the kids are back in school - woo hoo!) to play along with our Monochromatic challenge at Shopping Our Stash. We'd love to see what you come up with! For more amazing inspiration, please check out what my teammies created to awe and inspire you! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Happy Birthday, Flap Happy
Ink: Ranger DI - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Victorian Velvet, Hickory Smoke; Memento - Gray Flannel
CS: Bazzill; Strathmore water color paper
Accessories: GC; Paper Smooches - Butterflies 1 & 2 dies; paint brushes; Nicole - rhinestones; Fiskars - corner rounder
Adhesives: Ranger - Glossy Accents

6 comments:

  1. Oh my love this card, so simple so gorgeous. Google used to be my friend but Pinterest is a better one for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty card Sistah! Fab use of the {{GAH}} pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Chris! Nice job of CASEing! Nice work! even if it is (gah) pink!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with tie-dyed watercolour butterflies! This is such a pretty card, even in (gah) pink. A perfect way to honour Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i ♥LOVE♥ those butterflies, but of course you had me at (gah!) PINK!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Chris! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today! So glad you dropped by so I could find yours! LOVE those pretty pink butterflies - they are colored beautifully - and the "splats" look great with the movement of the butterflies! So glad the team could utilize Leslie's "favorite" color LOL Have a great day! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.