Saturday, January 9, 2016

JUST US GIRLS #325 - Trend Week


Hello friends and welcome to Trend Week at JUST US GIRLS! Sue is your hostess this week and she's wants you to use METALS/METALLICS on your card or project. Do you have foil papers? Embossing powder in silver/gold/copper/pewter colors? Hoarding those charms or brads? Time to break them out and use them! ☺ Here's the card I made:


 ...and the finished inside:

This card came out much better than I thought it would, considering it has a white on white theme to it. All the card stock and papers are slightly different. For example, I started with a card base that has a linen texture to it. The vertical strip is glittered. The banner was cut from card stock that IRL is very shimmery. With my crack photography skillz, you may not see it, but it shimmers! I heat embossed the sentiment in silver, and also the scalloped circle die behind it. See? 


In hindsight, I probably should have used sliver glitter paper, but me being me, I had to do things the hard way. What's really funny to me is that it looks like I cut it out of duct tape. LOL! For some additional metal elements, I glued a few silver bells onto my card. The inside was stamped in silver ink, and I also edged the panel with it.

I hope you get some time to join us at Just Us Girls for our Metals challenge! Please do check out what our two Guest Designers - Deepti and Vicki - have created, along with my talented teammates! If you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our January challenges, you'll be in the running to be our guest designer for the month of March! Good luck, happy crafting, and thanks for visiting!


I'd like to enter this card at:
 


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: VersaMark; Brilliance - Starlite Silver
CS: Bazzill, DCWV, Darice
Accessories: GC; SB - Std. Lg Circle & Classic Scalloped Sm. Circle Nesties; Whispers - Metallic Silver EP; heat gun; Creatology by Michael's - foam snowflake stickers & bells; Wilton - doily; DMC - floss; Provo Craft - decorative scissors; Nicole - rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, thin 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Glue Dots

21 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful design! I love all of that texture and shine. I had to laugh when you mentioned duck tape, too funny. You nailed this metal/metallic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, love all the elements on your card, What a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That silver embossing over your scallop circle is stunning!! I never would've known it was embossed as I thought at first look it was a sheet of silver foil that was die cut! The whole design is so elegant and beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Chris, and I love the embossing you did! Thank you so much for joining us at The Challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Did you ever make the most of this card. Crushing on the trifold but the real eye catcher is the dimension and texture you created. This is truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Chris I love those fun Jingle Bells. Thank you for playing along with The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design Chris so much to look at. Love the white and silver and of course the bells

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your design Chris so much to look at. Love the white and silver and of course the bells

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very pretty! And at first glance, I thought you'd found a silver doily! Duct tape didn't cross my mind until you had to point it out... :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty! Love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday1

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those layers ... so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love white on white...very elegant....and your touches of silver make it extra special! Really beautiful card. I love the jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love white on white...very elegant....and your touches of silver make it extra special! Really beautiful card. I love the jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love all the texture and detail! The added bells are the perfect finish to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME jingle card! Love the "metal" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you blinged up the scallop layer. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the metallic jingles :) such an elegant card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card and I too always do things the hard way! Loved reading your blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your silver scalloped piece! It's so pretty as is your card! Great use of all the silver!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.