Saturday, September 5, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #309 - Word Week


Hello and good morning! Can you believe it's September already? Where did the year go?!!! We have a new challenge starting at JUST US GIRLS! It's Word Week, Lisa is your hostess and she's picked the word APPLE for you to play with. Here's the card I made:


 Here is the finished inside:

I don't own too many fruit stamps, so when I saw this one, I was relieved! LOL! I stamped it on top of a pile of books (pay no mind to the fact that it is magically hovering above the books, and not sitting on it. *wink*) The frame was cut 4 times: once from the patterned paper and the rest from card stock and glued together. After I colored the image, I added Glossy Accents to the apple for some shine. Who doesn't love a shiny apple?!


I hope you get some time to play along this week at Just Us Girls! We have the lovely Melissa of Honeybee Lane joining us this month as our September Guest Designer! Welcome Melissa! 

Just a reminder, if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our September challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of November! Good Luck and happy crafting!


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Smarty Pants, Many Thanks
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Recollections - Simply Autumn
CS: Darice; Crafter's Companion
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; GC; Paper Smooches - Frame 3 die; Ranger Glossy Accents
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue

9 comments:

  1. I love it, Chris! That frame has such a fun and unique shape and I love the stamped books and apple. So perfect for back to school time. The Glossy Accents was the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levitating apples are just part of a teacher's magic, I'm sure. :D This is great, Chris! And while I may be somewhat allergic to school-related things, I just may have to think about this one. I have lots of apple stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shiny apple with the books! Great minds thinks alike :) Love how you framed the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glossy apple....super cute card too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love that shiny apple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! Love that shiny apple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is definitely a "magical" card! I love the apple on top of those books! Really cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh YUM that apple looks so yummy especially with the glossy accents. Great choice of colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.