Tuesday, August 18, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #215 - Layer it on Me


Good morning and welcome! We have a fun new challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This week it's all about adding layers to your project! Here's the card I made:


 Here's the inside!

I've had this stamp set for at least a couple years, but this was the first time it's been inked. (Shame on me. Have you ever bought stamps from a company going out of business, then put said stamps in a safe place....and forget where that safe place was?) Yeah, that is me. Looking for something else, I found these. So I immediately decided to use them. (NBUS, and even a tad bit snarky!)

I have several layers on this card (8 on the front, if you include the rhinestone strip), and two on the inside. I love layers on a card. Of course layers add weight, and that most likely means extra postage when sending these cards out, but I'm ok with that. ☺ 

I hope you find some time this week to make a layered project and link up at Shopping Our Stash! Please be sure to check out the eye candy that my teammies created for your viewing pleasure, and leave them some love on their blogs! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great day!


My card is based off of Sweet Sunday Sketch #277.

Supplies:
Stamps: Totally Stampalicious -Bugaboo Stella & Gus love is blind
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Nautical Blue; Ranger DI - Abandoned Coral
DP: Carta Bella - Sew Lovely
CS: Crafter's Companion; Bazzill; Darice
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; GC; SB - Sm Std Circles & Classic Scalloped Circles Nesties, Fleur De Lis Border; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Nicole - rhinestone strips
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Scotch scrapbooker's glue

8 comments:

  1. Love Stella and Gus! I have several of their stamps, too. So sad they went all-digital. :(

    That's a lotta layers on the card front! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize bugaboo once had rubber stamps, I love their digi ones. Fab. card and perfectly snarky. I like hand deliver cards a lot too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! that's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fun! & fabulously layery, as well! mission accomplished!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight layers! Wow! I'm not even sure I could do that. :D Great card with the perfect snark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, omgosh! Adorable and snarky, all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi- larious!!! This card is so much fun with all its bright colors and snarkiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card Chris, love these two and your card design is amazing....just spotted the bling...perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH that sentiment set it the best!! I have oh so many stamps that have never seen ink, shame shame shame on me! Fab take on the layer challenge sistah!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.