Saturday, August 22, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #307 - Photo Week


Hello crafty peeps! I'm hosting at JUST US GIRLS for Inspiration Week! Yes, I know I probably should have gone with a back to school theme, but that's being plastered all over blogland right now. Plus, I love this picture with the water drops on the colorful leaves! Here's the card I made:


 Here is the inside:

I tried my hand at quilling again. (Only the second time I've attempted it.) I kinda like how this came out. ☺ I didn't have all these colors in quilling strips, so I cut some of them with some thin card stock and my paper trimmer. (Yes, I am that crazy!) 

I hope you get a chance to play along for this week's inspirations challenge at Just Us Girls! I can't wait to see what you come up with! While there, please check out the fabulous designs the other gals and our August GD, Karen Bourke, have made and leave some love on their blogs. Remember that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of the August challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of October! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!



Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - First Aid Kit, Forest Whimsy, Eco Friendly
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk
DP: scraps
CS: Darice, scraps
Accessories: quilling paper from my EDMT - Jessi Fogan; GC; Paper Smooches - Borders 1 & Trees Dies; Fiskars corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Ranger - Glossy Accents

10 comments:

  1. Stunning card Chris, love your choice of colours and your quilling looks amazing! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Chris! I've never tried quilling, but love the way your leaves turned out...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you didn't go with Back to School Chris. I love your quilling. Something I have the supplies for and STILL on my Craft to Try List. Simply stunning. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the quilling nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! The quilled leaves look fantastic. Kudos to you for cutting all of those strips yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't notice the rain drops on the leaves! Wish I had included some on my leaves! And your quilling is fabulous! I bought a beginner quilling kit a while ago, and it still sits unopened! Lovely card and great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG LOVE!!!! This is awesome! And there is no way I'd cut strips by hand, you crazy :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so cool, Chris! Love this scene and LOVE your quilling! You did an amazing job on all those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, you buy quilling paper instead of cutting them by hand? You're so extravagant! :D Beautiful fall card, though I'm so not ready for fall...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.