Tuesday, September 30, 2014

SHOPPING OUR STASH #171: Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

Good morning crafty peeps! It's time again for a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This week's theme is sun or clouds! (or, in some cases, sun and clouds!) I went with the clouds for my card:


 Here's the inside:

I can't take credit for that sentiment. I came across this meme on FB and the idea just hatched:


My background is made with a cloud stencil and Dusty Concord DI, with Black Soot around the edges. I stamped and heat embossed the witch image with black embossing powder. I didn't want to clutter up or cover the clouds any more than needed so I left. It. Alone. After. That! (I'm still somewhat bleeding from the ears from not adding something, anything, to the front! GAHHH!)

(Oooh, look! Shiny!)

Now it's your turn! Just make a card or project using a sun and/or clouds and link it up at Shopping Our Stash! Don't forget to check out what my teammies created for your viewing pleasure! Thanks for hanging out with me. I hope you have a great day!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo - All Hallow's Eve
Ink: Versamark; Ranger DI - Dusty Concord, Black Soot
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Inkadinkadoo EP; heat gun; cloud stencil by Bev Rochester; inside sentiment computer generated
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares

11 comments:

  1. OMFG SHE HAS SKULLS HANGING FROM HER BROOM!!!!
    I love that you didn't add anything else to the front of the card...it's fantastic just the way it is...and I adore that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove the purple clouds, and that witch is gorgeous! (Witches can be gorgeous, just ask Glenda.) Also, I need that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for this time of the year ! It is unexpected and those clouds are so lush! Nice job.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the clouds love that inkadinkado image and so shiny. Maybe a little sentiment bottom right would be nice, but I think it looks good just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I look at your card I have to ask myself why you don't see more purple clouds around because yours are gorgeous! And you did the right thing not adding anything besides the uber-cool witch, I know how hard it is and I feel your pain but you know you did the right thing. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I tell you how many times I've kicked myself for not buying this stamp?! It looks downright awesome against those purple clouds! Totally bewitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is brilliant, Chris! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, i KNOW, isn't it hard to STOP with just ONE PERFECT THING??!?! you've done it, tho, and this card is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! love, love, looooooooooooooooooooove that amazingly fab cloud background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping in time is soooooo hard - bravo :) That background is simply stunning - purple? Perfect! And your embossing is seriously perfect. I need a thesaurus. And that sentiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You already know I'm stealing that sentiment, and now I'm going to have to steal the purple clouds idea too -- so awesome! Welcome to the CAS dark side, my friend, it is perfect as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those clouds!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.