Tuesday, September 9, 2014

SHOPPING OUR STASH # 168 - Chicken!

Hello peeps! (LOL! That seems funny considering this challenge name!) It's time for a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! September is Chicken Month according to http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/september.htm. But we'll make it easy for you: make a card or project that features a chicken OR any bird (but not the middle finger kind!) How simple is that?! Here's my card:


 here's the inside:

This is about as close to a one layer card as I'll ever get. I stamped the card base with a chevron stamp. (I really like the red on red) The brown and yellow die cuts were in the "made for something else but decided not to use, but kept, because I'm sure I'll use it for something else" pile. The chicken and chicks were stamped, colored and fussy cut. I actually stamped and colored the chicken twice. I stamped just the legs on the yellow panel, then added the one complete chicken layer with thin foam squares, then just the head with more foam squares for dimension. (did that make sense? Hope so) Some more stamping finishes the inside. 

Now it's your turn. Make a card or project featuring a chicken or any bird (but not the middle finger kind!), and link it up at Shopping Our Stash! Don't forget to check out what my teammies made! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantabulous day!

Challenges: 



Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Green Acres; hullabaloo; Hero Arts - chevron background 
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Rhubarb Stalk
CS: Core'Dinations (red); scraps
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches - Duo Dies 1; Cuttlebug EF; Fiskars - corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent; thin 3D foam squares




10 comments:

  1. LOVE the popped-up chicken head! And now I NEED this Paper Smooches stamp set, because BABY CHICKENS!

    PS: Your "made for something else but decided not to use, but kept, because I'm sure I'll use it for something else" pile is my "UFO" pile (UnFinished Objects). I think we all have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love this! especially the red-on-red chevrons, which i thought was crate paper!!! :) (ps to both you and leslie: yep, i have little baggies with extra diecuts & other "made but not used" elements and i do tend to use them, eventually!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering why not the 'other' kind of bird? Not that I have one but that felt like a DARE.
    Me too I have the UFO pile - I'm good for searching through it for something I no longer have :) This is fabulous - love the red-on-red background, and the amazing job you did colouring that chicken! The layered mats are perfect too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the middle finger kind??? I am with Jessi - that feels like a dare...F is for...FINGER
    LOL
    DID you fussy cut those little baby chicks??
    Awesome possum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a dare, and I DID fussy cut the baby chicks. (The legs were hell on my eyes! LOL!)

      Delete
  5. Totes adorable card -- and kudos for fussy-cutting the chicks (yikes) and the yellow panel behind the frame, cuz that's just a little extra awesomeness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the image and the sentiment. Very nicely done.
    This challenge turned out to be fun. It really brought out the sense of humor of our SOS team.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, you do make me laugh, girlfriend.... with your writing and with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super chicken card, love the colours. Fab. job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.