Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #143: Buttons and Bows

Hello and welcome to another fun challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This week, we want you to use buttons and bows on your projects! It's a no brainer! LOL! Here's what I came up with:


Here's the inside of my card:

I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this challenge, and, if I do say so myself, it came out pretty much the way I dreamed it up! My only roadblock was finding an orange and a violet button in my mason-jar-full-o-buttons. Not a one of either color. DOH!!  What's a crafty gal to do? Well, I knew you could color rhinestones with alcohol markers for a custom color. So I thunk to myself: Self, why not try that on some clear buttons? Yeah, totally worked!! I gave each button a double coating with my SN markers. (Crafty Tip: The more coats, the darker the color gets. Same goes for coloring rhinestones. FYI) After adhering the twine on the back side of the white panel, I tied bows on all the buttons. Using a toothpick, I dabbed Glossy Accents on the bows to keep them from unbowing, then more Glossy Accents to glue them down on the panel. When all was dry, I adhered the white panel using foam dots to the card base. On the inside, I stamped the sentiment and then thought it needed something more. (As I always do!), so I found and used that cute button stamp under it. (using 3 DI's and stamping off first on scrap paper before stamping on the card itself). Me likey!

So, think you're up to this challenge? I bet you are! Now go forth and crank out a project using buttons and bows and make sure you link up to SHOPPING OUR STASH! (How else are we supposed to OOH and AAH over your brilliance?!) Don't forget to check out what my teammies came up with too! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Spectrum, Digits, Needle Little Love
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel; Ranger DI - Broken China, Wild Honey, Fired Brick
DP: WRMK - Family Keepsakes
CS: Darice
Accessories: Twine - Doodlebug, MS, MME; Buttons from my stash; SN markers
Adhesives: AC Foam dots; Recollections - red tape; Ranger - Glossy Accents



10 comments:

  1. Me likey too. Fabulous job, and thanks for the tip with the markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dontcha just LOVE IT when a card comes out like the picture inyour head?! AWESOME! but then, this is such a BRILLIANT (in every sense, lol) idea that it was always going to be beeeeeeeeeeautiful!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, pretty colours! Even better that you had to DIY two of the button colours and they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is "unbowing" like "untucking" ? :D

    I love the diagonal twine with the buttons, and coloring clear buttons was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously! How stinkin' clever you are! I would never have thought of an idea like this! Brilliant! And beautiful! And awesome tip for coloring on buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute and festive is this card!? I love all those tiny twine bows and purty buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a #rockstar!! brilliant use of bakers twine and buttons! I love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a colorful and happy card, Chris! Very clever use of the Baker's Twine--you made your own happy rainbow!! Great inspiration--thanks for the challenge! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this card. 'Nuff said!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHUT UP! This is too awesome, the bows, the layout - the handily re-coloured buttons. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.