Saturday, November 30, 2013

Drunken Stampers #152 Thing: Metal

Good Morning to you! To those living in the States, I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! As always, I ate too much. LOL! Guess I really need to get back on that treadmill soon. Ugh!

Anyway, today starts a new challenge at the Drunken Stampers challenge blog! For our Person/Place/Thing challenge this week, it's a thing. Metal to be exact.


So, of course, I was maybe/sort of/kinda stretching it when I made my card for this challenge:


Here is the finished inside:

Shopping carts are made of metal, aren't they? (Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it! ☺ I stamped a bunch of shopping bags from scrap paper and die cut the cart from gray card stock. I glued the bags to the inside of the cart before adhering it on the card with foam squares. The center of the wheels were hand cut circles from a scrap of black card stock. I purposely cut them wonky because, well, who has ever pushed a cart that didn't have at least one wheel go wonky! Yeah, you know what I'm talking about! I tied some floss to the handle, stamped the sentiment and finished the inside. Yep, I'm being me again, going with another snarky sentiment! LOL! I thought it fitting since yesterday was Black Friday! HA!

Well, that's it for me. Be sure to check out what the other members of Team Tropical Hooters came up with to delight and inspire you! Better yet, why not play along with the Drunken Stampers this week? You may even by crowned the Life of the Party! Woot Woot!

Have a great day and stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Bugaboo - Stella Christmas Psycho; Paper Smooches - Retail Therapy
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Peeled Paint
DP: Scraps
Card stock: Bazzill (red, gray); Recollections (white, black)
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches - Shopping Cart die; DMC floss
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik Permanent, 3D foam squares; Elmer's extra strength glue stick 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, great "metal" card. love the sentiment they were out in force yesterday, I saw the news, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the challenge. The inside sentiment is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG- this is perfection! yes- most shopping carts are metal-my car doors will agree with that! And pyscho shoppers- they come out in droves this time of year....part of the entertainment! The shopping bags are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the perfect answer to a metal challenge! (Mine likely would have been "metallic embossing powder, LOL!) And your sentiment is just too, too true...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to make me chuckle with your funny cards, Chris! I adore this! Funny on the outside, and then even more so on the inside. Love your take on the metal challenge, too. Totally works for me. The little bit about the wonky wheels made me snort out loud. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too true! It's so true that around our house when any other wheeled thing goes wonky we call it 'shopping cart wheel'. And OMG, calling in the back door last week to get one of the kids to come help me....I finally resorted to yelling BUELLER? which at least made them look at me like I was insane & got their attention. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.