Saturday, August 24, 2013

Drunken Stampers challenge 138 Person: Party Planner

Good morning peeps! It's time for another fun filled challenge at the Drunken Stampers! This week's challenge is based on a Person - specifically a Party Planner.


If that throws you off your game, never fear. You can create a project that has to do with any celebration, be it a birthday, anniversary, wedding, etc. It's team Tropical Hooter's turn this week to dazzle you! Here's what I came up with:


I tried using some foil paper for the card. I really like how it looks, but it's a b*tch to photograph! LOL! Here are some different angles so you can bask in the reflectiveness! HA!



Here is the finished inside:


Yep, I used my beloved Paper Smooches stamps! It's an obsession that I do not want to be cured of! LOL! So, on to my card. I thought that a little scene depicting a happy little doggie celebrating a birthday would work splendidly for this challenge! I heat embossed him, then colored and fussy cut him out. Even added Glossy Accents to give his eyes some dimension. Here's a tip for adding a custom party hat to an image: on a piece of scrap paper stamp just the top of the head, then draw two lines to make the hat. Cut out using the contour line from the head and you will have a perfect fit for your party hat! I used some glitter glue along the bottom of the hat and added a rhinestone at the tip. Easy peasy! And what's a party without a banner, cake, and presents! To keep with the doggie theme, I used a paw print border punch along the edges of the foil paper. Super cute!

So, what are you waiting for? Go and play along with our new challenge, Party Planner, and have FUN! Don't forget to check out what my Tropical Hooter teammates dreamed up! You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!

Craft on my friends!

Chris 
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Chubby Chums, Birthday Sampler
Ink: Versa Mark; Clear Snap - Dark Peony
DP: MME - Dolled Up; Recollections foil paper
Card stock: Recollections (white); Bazzill Basics (pink)
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots
Accessories: Marvy Uchida markers; EK Success - Paw Print Edger; K&Co. stickers; KI Memories - alpha stickers; Doodlebug twine; Glossy Accents; Inkadinkado - black embossing powder; heat gun; rhinestone from my stash; Glitter glue - happy mail from MFW's Cath Edvalson!

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for the challenge and great pictures I might add. love the banner and the paw print border oh my I NEED one of those. is it EK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Missed that typo! LOL! But it's fixed now. Yes, it is an EK Success border punch.

      Delete
  2. Love that specialty paper! It's very cool to see how it turns in the different lights. Fun card! Love your little dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Barbara, I need that border punch, too. :D This card is completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like SHE said (grin) This card is COMPLETELY Adorable! and I love the line in your post "It's an obsession I don't want to be cured of!" I can absolutely relate and I am SOOOO STEALING THAT LINE! (Big Giant Smile!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP I'm in love! And you know I share that obsession :) My newest stamps came while I was camping & are patiently waiting to get inky :) Also, congrats on keeping your mug out of the pics, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that image!!! He's soooo cute, reminds me of my Gordon (who we call Chubby Chicken). Add me to the list of people that NEED (not want) that paw print border punch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, love the dog and I so want that border punch, doggy prints are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card, love the dog and I so want that border punch, doggy prints are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeek, total cuteness! Love that foil paper, so fun. what a happy puppy, he's a party animal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like he partied just a little to much. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, this is adorable! I love the look on that little doggie's face, and the design is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Such a cutie pie little birthday doggy, and such fun with the foil paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.