Friday, April 12, 2013

Go to your happy place/PS Sparks Designer Draft challenge April 2013

Hello my lovelies! It's been almost a week since I last posted. I apparently misplaced my mojo, but never fear. I found it hiding under the pile of paper, stamps, embellies, etc. that were piled on my craft desk! Once I cleaned everything off and put things in their place, I was once again able to create! LOL! This card I made for the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge: Designer Draft:


and the inside:


Here is the sketch this is based loosely on:


I'm so ready for my annual girls week trip at the beach that I just HAD to use the Get Outta Town set for this card! LOL! Plus I also have a wreath on my back door made of silk hibiscus flowers so it was a no brainer! Pretty simple set up: I stamped the flower in 3 coordinating papers (recent winnings from the Create blog from Northridge Publishing. Thanks NP!), fussy cut and adhered to the Hexilong panel. It might be hard to see but I sponged some Broken China Distress ink on the white panel (with the die still in place so I got a white border around it!) The middle flower is popped up with a foam square. The inside was put together pretty simply. Stamped the sentiment. Stamped the flower again, fussy cut and adhered to the lower right corner. Done! Oh! I forgot to say that I used Smooch in Sundance to color the stamens. Ok. Now done!

Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for another post shortly! I hope that you have a wonderful evening and stay crafty my friends!

Chris

Supplies: 
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Get Outta Town
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China
DP: Bazzill Basics - Lucy's Crab Shack
Card stock: Bazzill Basics - pink; Recollections - kraft, white
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches - Hexilongs dies; Clear Snap - Smooch: Sundance


3 comments:

  1. It IS happy hour somewhere :) Mojo breaks are SUCKY and I'm glad yours is over! I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING your take on the challenge!! Such FUN details!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a bit late leaving a comment--- LOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch! I love that you decorated the inside too!! FUN x10000!

    THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.