Saturday, April 13, 2013

Drunken Stampers #123 - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Happy Saturday my peeps! It's time for a new challenge at Drunken Stampers! This week is challenge #123: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow!


I know, right?! This term is all about the movies. You can create a project based on the movie title, or the theme. (In this case - Steampunk!) Or you can go all out and combine BOTH! This week is Team Midnight Margaritas turn. Here is my take on this challenge:


and the inside:


I know, I went with my usual corny/punny sentiment on the inside of the card. But I just love doing that! LOL! So, I've been trying out digi stamps lately, and I'm happy to say I'm pleased with them. This little cutie is by Simply Betty Stamps and is called Steampunk Rio. (She came with the dirigible and skull key images also: BONUS!)  After printing out the image, I baked it with a heat tool so the inkjet ink wouldn't smear when I colored it. I found the perfect paper to use for this card (Love those gears!) and also embossed a card stock panel with a diamond plate design, then inked it so the diamonds were more visible. Added some silky ribbon and a few mini gears and it was done!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you play along this week with the Drunken Stampers! Make sure you check out the individual blogs of Team Midnight Margaritas to see what fabulous creations they dreamed up! Have a fantastic day!

Chris

Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Betty Stamps - Steampunk Rio Digi
Markers: Marvy Uchida
Ink: Ranger - Walnut Stain
DP: DCWV - Tattered Time
Card stock: Recollections (kraft, black); DCWV (brick red)
Strathmore Water Color Paper
Adhesive: SA by 3L (MyStik, 3D foam squares); Helmar 50 adhesive; Recollections - red tape
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Std small circles & Classic Scalloped small circles Nesties; Cuttlebug diamond plate EF; Mary Arts Ribbon; Tim Holtz idea-ology mini gears; Cosmo Cricket alpha stickers

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card! your coloring is OFF THE HOOK! Awesome design...love that patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I am with Barb...your colouring is FAB
    That image is sooooo cute!! She's very steampunk-y
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool card!! You have animated her with your colouring job!
    Love it, great job on the Steampunk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.