Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hogs and Fishes....

Good day and Happy Sunday! I'd like to share with you a card that I made last night for my Father-in-Law, who is recovering from a mild stroke he had on New Years Day. (What an absolutely CRAPPY way to start off the new year!) Just so you know, he is home now and in the care of my Mother-in-Law. He bounced back pretty quickly, but is still weak on his left side. They had him standing the day after the stroke,  and putting him through physical/occupational/speech therapy after that each day thereafter. He was moved this past Monday to another facility that had a much better therapy center. He was supposed to be there for 2-3 weeks, but he was doing so well they let him come home on Friday! Yeah Dad! So, to celebrate, I put a care package together for him, including this card:


And the inside:


I had this punny sentiment in my head, perfect for my F-I-L since he loves to email jokes, especially punny ones. This card is a MAJOR labor of love, for the fact that there is a boatload of masking done on it! I was in stamping Heaven, I tell ya! I used stamps from 9 different Paper Smooches sets to make this. There is also fussy cutting, paper piecing, and coloring going on here. Originally I had sketched both fishes in the water, but then came across that little envelope and thought: Wouldn't it be cool if one of the fish were jumping out of the water, as if delivering a card to the pigs? (Did anyone notice that bright flash of light on the east coast? That was the light bulb turning on over my head! HA!)

It came out soooo much better than what I had sketched! This is by far the best originally designed card by me that I've made! (If I do say so myself!) I hope he loves it as much as I loved making it!

So that's all I have for now. Are you all excited about the craziness that is CHA?! I feel that I've been sitting in front of my computer for hours commenting to win goodies on all blogs and Facebook pages! LOL! Hopefully I'll be a lucky winner! (Fingers crossed!)

Have a great rest of the day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Recollections
DP: WRMK (green stripe); Frances Myers (pink dots); DCWV (pink argyle)
Stamps: Paper Smooches (items underlined are the parts used)
Green Acres - pig, SNort, moo & moo;
Space Cadet - Get Better in warp speed;
Simply Said - Now and Forever;
Metropolis - clouds
Surf and Turf - fishes, wave, splashes, You;re swell;
Flap Happy - Sending Prayers;
Teen Routine - envelope;
Autumn Groves - swirly;
Graffiti - "hogs', "fishes"
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan
Markers: Marvy Uchida
Adhesives: SA by 3L (MyStik); Elmer's extra strength glue stick


3 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, Chris! But that is great that he is home and recovering so well. I bet he gets a huge kick out of your card! Great puny sentiment and fabulous design. Your stamping and masking is just amazing here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total cuteness...would make anyone smile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh-that is so cute. I have a friend who is ill right now-I should make something like this for her. She would get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.