Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Foxy Guy...

Good morning and happy Wednesday to you! It's been awhile since I posted anything. I've been experiencing the holiday blues, add to that the tragedy that happened in Newtown, CT, and well, I just haven't felt like playing in my craft room. But last night I told myself to stop channel surfing, get off the couch and just go create something. So I did. And I feel better. My mojo is coming back. Here's what I made:


The inside:


My hubby's birthday is Christmas Eve, so I made this for him. I apologize for the crappy pictures. My camera batteries died out on me, so I used my cell phone camera to take the pics. It's hard to see, but I also scored a design in the white parts of the card. I stamped the fox three times: on white card stock, beige card stock, and the rust colored patterned paper. Then I fussy cut, pieced him together, and added him using 3D foam squares.

I'm entering this for three challenges: Cas-ual Fridays challenge 82: use scoring in your design; Retro Sketches # 42; and for Drunken Stampers # 110: to use stripes.



Andy came in last night while I was making this card. I already had the card made and was piecing the fox together. But I had turned the card over so all he saw was a blank white card. He'll be surprised to find out that the fox I was working on was part of his birthday card! I'm sly that way...like a fox! LOL! Sorry, sorry! Had to go there!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a great day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Recollections (white); DCWV (beige)
DP: Echo Park - This & That (yellow); Basic Grey(?) (rust)
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. - April KOM (fox & Foxy Guy); March KOM (Happy B-day)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black
Adhesive: SA by 3L (MyStik; 3D foam squares); Elmer's extra strength glue stick
Accessories: Twine - Doodlebug; Grass - Jolee's By You; Score board - Martha Stewart; Tan marker - Marvy Uchida; Corner Rounder - Fiskars

5 comments:

  1. Great card! You are very patient to do all that fussy cutting and paper piecing!! I am sure hubby will love his foxy birthday card! Thanks for playing along with the "Stripe" challenge on Drunken Stampers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! It would be perfect for this fortnights Furry Challenge at Keep It Simple Too!
    http://kis-challenge.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/kis-3-pelzig.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card :) Thanks for having some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at your card close up, Chris...very cool design with your scoring!! What a sweet card for your husband...happy birthday to him!! So glad you joined the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute card. I can't imagine having a birthday so close to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.