Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sly fox...

Good morning all! If you live out on the east coast like myself, I hope that you fared well those crazy storms yesterday. I'm happy to report that we did not get ANY water in the basement! Woo Hoo!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

So, since it was a dark and stormy night last night, I made a Halloween card. I'm entering this for the Retro Sketches challenge #29.


A detail shot to show the dimension:


And the inside:


Here is the sketch:


I had this white card stock scrap that already had one of the small labels die cut from it, so I die cut two more for the top panel. I added stickers and that was pretty much all she wrote. It came together pretty quickly. What took the most time was choosing the paper for the card base! (Does anyone else agonize over that?! LOL!)

I hope you get to play along with the Retro Sketches challenge! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Anna Griffin
Card stock from scraps
Stickers: Recollections (bat border); American Crafts Night Fall collection - all others
Adhesive: MyStik and foam squares by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Grand Calibur and Labels One Nesties by Spellbinders

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, You're a riot! Thanks for the compliments on my blog and so happy to find yours. Love your fun Halloween card, especially that fox and bat border! Great dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agonize over what papers to use, where to put embellishments...cardmaking shouldn't be so stressful! lol Whatever agony you went through was worth it, the finished product is perfectly done. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so stinkin' cute! Absolutely perfect take on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sly fox, this is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! It even looks retro, with that cute fox and moon. I love his cats-eye glasses. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, Chris! I love all the little details and the images are so adorable! Very neat and crisp and clean! Just like I like it - LOL! Thanks so much for playing at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute....so pretty design. I have worked for the Print VIP cards company and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try once to design like this, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.