Saturday, April 14, 2012

Go to your Happy Place!

Hi all! I hope that you are having a great weekend so far. One of my sisters and her son came out for a visit this past week for Easter. Loved having them here! It's so much more fun razzing each other in person than over the phone! LOL!

I was working on the below card for the Mojo Monday challenge #236. So as I'm working on the card, my neighbor is trying to mow his yard, but the mower keeps dying on him. (side note: he spent some money last year having it repaired.) After about a half hour, he puts the mower away. Then I hear a bunch of loud banging coming from his basement. I'm not sure if he was killing the mower or hitting his head against the wall repeatedly! LOL! After that, he got in his car and drove off. I haven't seen him since. True story. ☺

Aaaannnnyyyywwwaaayyy, here is the card I made:



Just so you all know, I hand stitched this card using my handy dandy Sew Easy by We R Memory Keepers. (I do own a sewing machine, but it hasn't seen the light of day in quite a few years. Plus, I'm not entirely sure it even works.) I love the look of stitching on cards, but since I have to do it by hand, I only do it every once in a blue moon.

Here's the sketch:


It was a lot of fun making this card, but you probably won't be seeing stitching on my cards again anytime soon.

Here is the supply list:
card stock: Bazzill; DCWV
patterned paper: Heidi Grace Designs (fish); K&Co. (yellow floral); orange from scraps
markers: Marvy Uchida
stamps: Paper Smooches
ink: Tsukineko
Twine: Doodlebug Designs
adhesive: Tombow; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
accessories: Grand Calibur; dies by Spellbinder; floss by DMC; Sew Easy by We R Memory Keepers; decorative scissors by Provo Craft

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Chris ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.