Tuesday, June 9, 2020

SHOPPING OUR STASH #422 - UFO's


Hello and welcome creative peeps!

This fortnight at SHOPPING OUR STASH,
we are on the lookout for UFO's! That's right, your
UnFinished Objects!

You know the ones - the die cuts/stamped images/papers/embellishments 
that you thought you were going to use, then didn't. And now
that pile of UFO's is starting to spread out and take over your desk top.
I don't have a pile. I have multiple piles.

A Stufftainer full of stamped/printed images/digis, some even colored
and die cut. Another bin of backgrounds, handmade or cut from paper.
(a very small amount I've displayed here)*

Another container full of die cuts that I've changed my mind using.
It's madness!!
So, here are three, count 'em, three cards I've made using UFO's:


This one was all UFO's, except for the sentiment stickers:


the inside:



Next, I had made a card similar to this years ago. This was the first
attempt. I didn't like where I put the photo thingys. The beer image
was already colored, I just die cut it using an oval die, along with
a black matte. The pre-cut oval behind that is made of cork.
The happy birthday sentiment was another UFO.


Inside:


Finally, probably my favorite from this trio.
The handmade watery blue snippet was leftover from a past project, 
and I couldn't see throwing it in the recycle bin. Glad I didn't as
it went with the green scalloped oval, along with a bit
of greenery (I'm calling it seaweed), and die cut mermaid found in the bin.
I just stamped the sentiment and edged around the oval with an ink pad.


I'm glad that I made not only one card, but three using mostly all 
UFO items. I probably wouldn't be able to use all of them in
one lifetime, there's so much of it. LOL!

I hope that you find some time to play along in our UFO challenge at
Shopping Our Stash! We'd love to see your take on it. For more
inspiration, do check the blogs of my teammies to see what they have created.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a wonderful day!






*too many companies to remember and track down who made what. If you are interested in something particular I've used, comment below and I will do my best to let you know who made what.


5 comments:

  1. Ok that third one almost had me wiping up coffee from the desk and everything that is on it. Love the sentiment. Now the Queen cat is adorable and of course the bottle is great all are fabulously designed. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh I love em all!
    Can't beat a cat with a crown!!
    I am gonna have to look for that sketchy beer stamp! Love that!
    And you know I dig the mermaid ♥
    Fab job all round you keener you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought I was the only one with bins of Gelli prints and unused card fronts! NOT! You did a great job of pulling this designs together. Very nice work!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, maybe I should treat this SOS the way I did the Travel theme! Who knows how much stuff I could use! :D Your trio of cards is gorgeous - no one would ever know they were former UFOs. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.