Monday, August 19, 2019

Pretty Dogwood Blooms

Hello crafty friends!
How was your weekend? I had an exciting Saturday, as
it was my first time as a card demonstrator for my LSS, Photo Scraps!
As an introvert, this was way outside my comfort zone, but
all the ladies made me feel so welcome and at ease, that I had
a great time. Plus, I'll be back in October for that month's Demo Day! YAY!

So on to my card. This is pretty CAS for me, (I love my layers!), and it's
almost a one layer card. 


I stamped the image in versamark ink onto watercolor paper, and heat
embossed it in black. Then I did the fast water coloring technique
using a few different Distress Inks. While that dried, I stamped the
image again onto my card base. I masked around the edges and added
some light blending with blue ink. Once the water colored image was dry,
I fussy cut it and adhered with foam squares. I added rhinestones and
a sentiment sticker, then rounded one of the corners.
 

That's all for now. We are trying to stay cool and keep indoors as it's
rather hot and humid here. I'm almost, but not quite, ready
for Autumn and cooler weather. LOL!
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!



I'd like to enter this at:
The Flower Challenge #35 - use your favorite flower (yes, I know the dogwood is a tree,
but it does have these gorgeous flowers that bloom in Spring, so...)





Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Framed Dogwood
Ink: versamark; Memento - Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky; Ranger DI - Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Fossilized Amber
CS: Strathmore water color paper; Neenah
Accessories: Stampendous - black EP; heat gun; MISTI; STAMPlorations - Just Everyday Greetings clear stickers; Picket Fence Studios blending brush; Recollections - rhinestones; Fiskars corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - 3D foam squares

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic design! Love the coloring and 3D look. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the class went well - knew you'd be good. Love your card soooooooooooooo much, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and flowers. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.