Tuesday, September 11, 2018

SHOPPING OUR STASH #371 - Upcycling


Hello and welcome friends!
This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we challenge
you to Upcycle something! It could be as simple as adding a paperclip or 
a bit of a corrugated box to your project. The sky is the limit!
I had this idea to turn a shoe box into a storage shelf for some of 
my ink pads. Get your beverage of choice because this is a photo heavy post.
I'll not go into detail, but my supply list is at the end of my post, and if you 
have any questions, simply leave them as a comment and I'll get
back to you when I can!
Ready? Here we go:




My sister gave me a bunch of scrap paper that she collected when my
nephews were young and she was a teacher's helper. Just look at
this paper! So cool! The paper I used on the inner sides of my shelf were 
part of the same paper collection, and so I used paints on the outside
 of the box to coordinate with it.






Velcro tabs hold it on the wall, and I can take it down and put it somewhere
else if I need to!


In retrospect, I'm not happy with the outer sides being all different colors. I like
the purple the best, so I may repaint the other sides the same....may....eventually.
I do love that I repurposed a shoe box into a much needed shelf for my
ever growing stash of ink pads.

Ok so you don't have to go overboard with the upcycling like I did, but
we'd love to see what you do upcycle in the gallery at Shopping Our Stash! 
For more ideas, please do check out what my teammates created,
and while visiting their blogs, leave a comment. We love and
appreciate comments!

Yay! You made it to the end of my post! Thanks for
visiting, and I hope you have a fantastic day!






Supplies:
Substrate: shoe box
Elmer's foam board
X-Acto knife
hot glue gun
Golden Gesso and Matte Medium
various paint brushes
DP: Sandylion - Color Me Artsy
DecoArt Americana acrylic paint: titanium white, berry red, brilliant purple, Irish moss, coral blush, banana cream, citron green, holly green
Stamps: VLVS; Dare2BArtzy/Totally Tracy
Stencils: TCW; Dylusions; STAMPlorations
Ink: Staz On - jet black, iris, blue Hawaii, emerald city
Command picture hanging strips


5 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I don't see the celebratory beverage (in the last photo) on your supply list...that's an important step to "sip" back and enjoy your work! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this box is as beautiful as it is useful, love all the decorative papers your sister gave you, they are awesome!!! perfect way to put them to good use.
    Fabulous project, teammate.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Chris, this is awesome! It appears that our minds were basically running in the same direction! You have inspired me to create a long wall unit to hold the pads I use most often! Thanks for the inspiration!
    HUGZ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This is cool! I'm especially loving the way you hung it up! (I was picturing a desktop unit, but hanging is way better!!!) Way to use up the cute gifted paper, and rad printing on the exterior. If you really choose to re-paint the sides, that's a great project for those days when you're motivated but have no mojo... well, that happens to me, anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.