Saturday, October 21, 2017

And now, a guy card

Hello crafty friends.
I want to share a card I just made.
A guy card.
You know, the kind that are really hard to make?
Yeah, those.
Check it:


 Oh look, snark on the inside:

 Here's a much better picture to show the shininess of the heat embossing:

So this is the crazy thing I did for this card: I first embossed the main panel using the 
timepiece embossing folder. Then I carefully (but not even remotely so) inked the raised
image with Versamark ink, and heat embossed in copper. 
BUT FIRST, I had to take a teeny tiny paintbrush and painstakingly brush out
all the powder that covered most of every place else. And yes I used an embossing bag first.
 Did I mention painstaking?
I think I was brushing off powder for at least 30 to 40 minutes before I was able
to finally heat emboss it. And I didn't get every. single. bit., but it looks
a heck of a lot better from it's original appearance.
The things we do for our craft.
(Oh, and if you thought that was crazy, may I just add that I made two panels!)
That will be a card for another post, though.
Anyhoo, I found some copper colored card stock that matched pretty well so I cut it
to the sizes I needed, stamped my sentiments, adhered the panels and called this card done.
Now, it's time for me to go and make more stuff in my craft room.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great rest of the day!


I'd like to enter this card at:

 


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Issues - Ahh Real Birthday Sentiments, Freaking Sentiments
Ink: VersaMark; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Brilliance - Cosmic Copper
CS: Taylored Expressions; scrap
Accessories: GC; Sizzix/TH - Pocket Watch EF; Stampendous - Detail Copper EP; heat gun;
tiny bristled paintbrush; MISTI
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Thin 3D foam squares

6 comments:

  1. I am impressed... I think I would have dusted off ALL the embossing powder, ditched the cardstock, and either tried again or moved to plan B. Glad you were patient, though, it's a terrific and snarky guy's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something I would do, I can't believe the static bag didn't work but it looks awesome. hmm wonder if I have that folder? or one similar. Fabulous guy card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must applaud your patience to go through 30-40 minutes on two panels - really, hats off!! And it was definitely worth it, since your card looks truly spectacular! Love the look of copper on the navy. Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!!
    xx Ashwini, STB DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I don't have that patience. Great color/theme choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing here Chris - sorry. How painstaking it would have been to have to flick all that spare ep out of every nook and cranny. I think I may just have thrown it in the bin and tried again. I applaud your patience! I bet you were glad to finish your fabulous male card. I guess you won't mass produce this one hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have more patience than me! LOL, but what a fantastic result, love the effect you have achieved. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room Metal challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.