Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Bad Ass Art Journal - a WIP

Hello crafty peeps!
I want to share the beginnings of my Bad Ass Art Journal that I made from scratch,
as part of the online class I'm taking.


That's right, I made my own art journal!
Book binding and all!
Who knew!

I'm not going into detail, but here's a few shots of my art journal:




The book was made from Strathmore Mixed Media paper 90 lb with the vellum overlay. (It's what I already had on hand.) I have some 140 lb water color paper that I will try using for my next book. Oh, and that cord? It's dental floss!



My cover is made from canvas that I ripped to size, to purposely have the frayed edges. I used Magenta Nuance dye powders to color the fabric. Once it was dry, I stenciled over it with Titanium White acrylic paint. My neighbor had an eyelet setter (luckily) so I was able to use one to make my closure. (colored hemp cord with beads I added on the end)

That was lesson one.
For lesson two, we got to create something in our journal-
our dream girl:




I can't begin to tell you how much fun this was to create! My picture taking
skills are so lacking. The vibrancy of this page is incredible.
Oh, and her hair? It's a couple paper napkins that I've torn into strands.
So. Freakin. Cool.

I'm looking forward to the next lesson, but will probably fall behind the next few weeks. I've been commissioned to make bridal shower invites for one of my nieces, and I just received final approval on my sample to go ahead and start them. It will take a little time to make them, so my art journal will have to wait until I'm done with the invites.  

Thanks for popping by. Have a wonderful day!





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job. you are so talented. love your dream girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so badass! As soon as you said dental floss, my tiny lightbulb went "blink"... of course! Your dream girls looks so cool. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.