Tuesday, May 24, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #253 Square Roots



Hello and good morning! This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we challenge you to go back to when you first started out crafting: decoupage, cross stitching, scrapbook layouts, altering found things, etc. You get my drift, right? We challenge you to make anything BUT a card!

For my project, I used some recycled cardboard and made a bookmark:


I trimmed a piece from the board, punched a hole in one side, then stenciled it with a couple different inks. I dumped out a bunch of sequins from my bag-o-sequins, and dug out the silver ones, then glued 'em on. Found some ribbon that I won years ago, but don't think I've ever used, and finally did use it! My bookmark needed a little something more, so I stamped the 'hi' outline stamp, then filled it in with a silver pen. Worked for me!

I do hope you play along with our Square Roots challenge at Shopping Our Stash! For more amazing projects, please do check out what my teammies created, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting!



I'd like to enter this at CAS Colours & Sketches #174



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Big Greetings
Ink: Memento - Elderberry, Teal Zeal, Tuxedo Black
Accessories: recycled cardboard; Dylusions stencil; Darice - sequins; May Arts - ribbon; Sakura - Silver Gelly Roll pen; hole punch
Adhesives: Ranger - Glossy Accents

7 comments:

  1. Love the book mark, it looks gorgeous, bet it's really pretty irl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stenciling! Thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant bookmark, neat stencilling. Thanks for playing with the colours from CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Chris! I am all about the projects that use recycled cardboard, and this is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stencilling and use of the colours, it's really pretty! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris - I love the multicoloured stenciling, awesome. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week, hope to see you again soon. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.