Tuesday, February 23, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #240 - One is a Lonely Number


Hello and welcome. It's time for a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This time around, we challenge you to make a One Layered Card! The bane of my existence. I find it incredibly hard to make one layered cards. I like my layers. Otherwise, the card seems so flimsy. Am I alone in this thinking? Anyone? (crickets chirping) Hmmmm..... Anyway, here's my card:


 Here is the inside:


It's been a while since I've stamped an image onto kraft and colored it with Prismacolor pencils, so that's what I did. After that I stamped the sentiment twice using my MISTI to get a nice dark coverage. It still needed something, so I drew a frame around it using a ruler and a fine tipped marker. Another sentiment finishes the inside.

I hope that you get a chance to play along with our one layer challenge at Shopping Our Stash! I'd love to see what you make (so maybe I can CASE it) LOL! While there, please check out what my teammies created and leave them some bloggy love. Thanks for visiting!


I'd like to enter this card at:
CAS on Sunday #77 -  One Layer Wonder











Supplies:
Stamps: Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Addie's Garden, The Big The Bold & Party
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
CS: Reflections
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils; MISTI; Faber Castell - PITT Artist pen

11 comments:

  1. what an awesome one layer card, you captured the challenge perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about one-layer cards, Chris. I think they look cool when other people make them, but when I try, they feel so bare nakie... But seriously, you rocked this challenge! Your card is fabulous! LOVE that flower, and love the prismacolors on kraft, and I think the frame you drew was the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think anyone who can make a 1-layer card THIS AWESOME gets to call it a bane. inconvenience, maybe... perhaps even challenging... but if you can do *THIS* it's not so much a bane. and in fact, this is exactly what i was going for when i made mine! (i confess i checked the crew blog for ideas before i started, lol; i'll take all the help i can get!!!) i mention this b/c neither of my cards look ANYTHING like this. alas. but i thank you for the inspo anyway! (& i'm determined to keep trying... i cannot let the 1-layeryness defeat me, dammit!) :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely one layer card. You did it! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be a clean and simple stamper, but one-layer cards give me hives, so you're not alone, sister. ;) But wow, beautiful! Gorgeous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely lovely...this is so pretty, love how the flower pops on the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Chris and so perfectly coloured on kraft, the colours on the flower really pop! A really beautiful CAS card :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris, this is so pretty! Kraft is such a powerful base stock that accepts most colors and elevates the design. You made wonderful choices and they have paid off with a stunning presentation.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, I love this one!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.