Saturday, October 31, 2015

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #43 K is for Kitties!



Welcome and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! It's my favorite holiday, with Christmas coming in a close second. Edna is celebrating in her own way at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS. She is challenging you to use a cat or kitties on your project!


 Here is the inside:

Instead of a Halloween card, I decided to go with a Birthday card. I broke in a stamp that I've had for a few years but it was the first time it saw ink. I had much help with this card as I (again/always) stalked Pinterest for inspiration. I found this card by Monika Reeck and knew at once I had to CASE it. (Thanks Monika!) Of course, I put my own spin on it. I started by masking the front paws before stamping the cat onto that funky paper for it's body. (they were too low for the placement of the fishbowl, so I moved them up a bit) I stamped, fussy cut and glued all the bits together. I did color the stripes and nose with markers, because after cutting the eyes, ears, paws, tail and eyebrows, I said this is madness and colored them in. The fishbowl was stamped onto vellum, and I colored the back side with markers The fishbowl/front paws are jacked up on glue dots for some dimension. See? 



Now it's your turn to crank out a card or project that features at least one cat on it. Just link it up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so we can be amazed by it. Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Sisters, and our two guest designers have created for your viewing pleasure! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a frightfully awesome day!


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Chubby Chums, Nine Lives, Birthday Sampler
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Abandoned Coral; Staz On - Jet Black
DP: scraps
CS: Darice; Paper Smooches
Accessories: GC; Paper Smooches - Word Bubbles & Chains dies; Spectrum Noir markers; Recollections - vellum; Sentiment is computer generated
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & thin 3D foam squares; Glue Dots; Elmer's extra strength glue stick

7 comments:

  1. "jacked up" - HA! Almost like my "popped (hopped) up". I love stamping terminology!

    So you're as crazy as I am with the masking and fussy cutting. Those are teeny tiny paws! Love the fish bowl addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Yeah there is way too much fussy cutting with this kitty, totally worth it though it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fussy cutting, awesome card, love it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all kinds of awesome, Chris! Love how you used that kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love that cat image - he looks as if he's been at the catnip
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Such a cute scene and such a fabulous sentiment! I absolutely adore the paper you used on the cat! It is so fun and funky and totally makes me smile! Love the framework, too, and LOVE your vellum fish bowl! So clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.