Tuesday, August 25, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #216 - Splish Splash!



Hiya crafty peeps! It's Tuesday, which means a new challenge starts at SHOPPING OUR STASH! We are calling this one Splish Splash, and we'd like you to use some kind of wet medium on your project. (ex. water color, acrylic paint, distress inks, etc.) Since water coloring is a big trend right now, this should be easy peasy for many of you. ☺ Here's the card I made:


 Here is the inside of my card:

I can't take credit for this card, as I pretty much CASEd this incredible card made by Heather Pulvirenti. (Thank you Heather, for the inspiration!) I die cut a pierced border panel from water color paper, then stamped and heat embossed the flowers/leaves using white embossing powder. After that, I just went to town using different Distress Inks. I stamped and heat embossed the banner and sentiment onto black card stock, again with white embossing powder, fussy cut, and adhered with foam squares. Some clear sequins were added for some shine. On the inside, I inked the word celebrate in spiced marmalade, then just the bottom in abandoned coral before stamping on the card stock panel. Added the bottom sentiment and was done!

Now it's your turn to make a splash! Just link up your project at Shopping Our Stash! While there, please check out the amazing talent of my teammates and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for hanging out with me. I hope you have a great day!



I'd like to enter this at the Friday Mash Up #222: Birthday card/water color technique.


Supplies:
Stamps: Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Addie's Garden, The Big the Bold the Extras & the Party
Ink: Versa Mark; Ranger DI: Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass; Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Strathmore water color paper; Darice
Accessories: GC; Avery Elle - Double Pierced Rectangle die; Stampendous - white EP; heat gun; water brush; paint brush; Darice - sequins
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Scotch scrapbooker's glue

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you've made your own ombre ink! I've done that, too, using three colors of ink and my MISTI. It' such a cool look!

    And I'm still impressed you do the insides of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous, gorgeous card! love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love all the different things you used, and the sequins (still challenged here) I'm lovin' all these watercolouring ideas though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm thinking... ink is wet, right? :D Your colouring/watercolouring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this, Chris! I am such a fan of watercolors, and love the flowers and colors you used! I am just crazy about anything with orange.... think that must be the Halloween-lover in me... but these colors just make me happy! Love how you added in the black. Really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card,you've inspired me to "go to town" coloring too. :) Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhh such an awesome and pretty card sistah! Fab take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a beautiful card. Love the colors and such a wonderful stamp resist technique. Thanks for playing along at The Friday Mashup!

      Delete
  8. What a fun birthday card, great job with the watercoloring!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty.. Your watercoloring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such a pretty and vibrant card Chris, love the orange and your colouring is fantastic! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.