Tuesday, September 2, 2014

SHOPPING OUR STASH #167: Don't Crimp My Style

Good morning peeps! Can you believe it's September already? Is it just me, or is this year just whooshing by? Next thing you know, you'll be hearing people wishing you a Merry Christmas! No! Too soon!!! LOL! 

Well, now that I stepped off the soapbox, I'll let you in on the new challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH - as our clever subtitle suggests, we want you to use a paper crimper, OR a piece of corrugated cardboard/paper OR rik rak (because it's wavy ribbon). Here's my card, and look at that, it's a Christmas card! LOL!


 and the inside:

Everything on this card is at least 2 years old. One item, the corrugated cardboard is even recycled. Bonus! Don't you just love a great challenge blog where you are encouraged to use your old stuff!? Seriously, it takes the pressure off of always having to buy the "newest/hippest/trendiest" product on the market. Plus, it makes space for all the new stuff you want to get! LOL! 

I inked and distressed the background paper. I also inked the edges of the corrugated cardboard. Then it was simply a matter of placing the dimensional sticker on, tying floss on the chipboard sentiment and adhering that to the card also. On the inside, I stamped a sentiment and inked the edges of the panel before adhering. I really like this sketch from Case this Sketch #90. It's very versatile and I think I'll be using it again.

Now it's time for you to break out that old crimping tool, or find a cardboard box to rip some corrugated cardboard from, and don't forget you can use rik rak ribbon! Just link up your creation at Shopping Our Stash so we can check you out! Please be sure to stop by and leave some love on my teammate's blogs! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Holiday Wishes
Ink: Ranger DI - walnut stain; Memento - Rich Cocoa
DP: G45 - Christmas Emporium
CS: Bazzill (green); scraps
Accessories: G45 - chipboard tag; Anna Griffin - holly sticker; recycled cardboard; DMC floss; Tonic/TH - distressing tool
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares




11 comments:

  1. Love, love the vintage style to this, and love the texture from the crimped cardboard. Totally my favorite shabby chic style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! what a perfect use for corrugated paper, this is gorgeous!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the victorian touch! Your focal group is definitely on point! Very nicely done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect, Chris! Love the vintage-style paper and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love that vintage paper, the holly, the colours...just awesome possum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is always fun to do and I love what you used, such a fabulous card. Gorgeous vintage holiday look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the texture on this card! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your anteeky sepia-looking classic Christmas card, Chrispy!! Really, really love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still laughing about you making a Christmas card following that great intro. HA! I like that sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I love the images on the background layer and your crimped panel really helps highlight your wonderful berry sprig! I so love your little tag too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOO SOON! Well, maybe not :) This is such a fab classy vintagey Christmas card - love the distressed edges & the perfect inking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.