Friday, August 8, 2014

Sleigh bells ring, are ya listening?

Ok, so it's not Christmas in July, but in August! I made a card for two challenges: Merry Monday #120 (use a sled, skis, or skates) and Seize the Sketch #26. Here's what I came up with:


 here's the inside:

Sometimes, you just have to let the paper do all the work for you! This is a great example. :) I can't tell you how quick it was to put this card together. (Normally, it takes at least 2 hours!) This card was probably done within a half hours time. (A personal record for me!) I think the most time consuming part was tying on the bells! LOL! I couldn't decide to go with red or gold floss....so I used both! I like how it turned out. LOL!

That's all for now. I'm going to sit and relax with a nice glass of wine on the deck, and maybe eat something too. (It could happen!) I hope your weekend is a great one! Thanks for stopping by!

BTW, here are the graphics for the challenge:

 


Chris
Supplies:
DP: Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium
CS: Recollections
Accessories: DMC - floss; Darice - bells; Ranger DI - Walnut Stain; Tonic/TH - distressing tool
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in at STS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love that paper -- of course it's G45! And you turned it into a terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous vintage feel to your card....love those bells! Your inside is as gorgeous as the outside. What a lucky person that gets this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Christmas card! The little jingle bells add a nice touch! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage style card, I love these images. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful paper and I love the floss with the jingle bells! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image on the first one with the bells.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas images....both inside and out! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty images inside and out, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red & gold together! And what a genius idea to use bells for that element in the sketch. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, the inside is as pretty as the outside! So glad I saw you at Sieze the Sketch! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris, I love the vintage vibe on this! And those jingle bells...oh, how fun!

    Thanks for playing with us at Seize The Sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.