Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Another Christmas card...

...for which I combined 3 challenges: 2 of which have since expired. (Cuz that's how I roll....sadly.) Anyway, the three challenges are Just Us Girls #249 - use woodgrainThe Challenge #10, and Merry Monday #116 - white w/shades of green. Here's what I came up with:


here's the inside

The woodgrain paper started out as white washed, but I took mowed lawn DI to it with a blending tool and Wah La! Now it has a nice green tint to it! I did the inlaid die cut technique with the word Christmas. (using silver glitter paper, because a card needs to sparkle!) Shopped my stash for the green burlap ribbon, the holly leaves and the pearls. Finished the inside and was done!

Short and sweet. Now I must go and walk the fur baby. He is insisting on a walk! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

Chris
Supplies:
Paper Smooches - Christmas Sampler
Ink: Memento - Bamboo Leaves; Ranger DI - Mowed Lawn
DP: MME - Dolled Up; AC - glitter paper
CS: Recollections (kraft); Darice (white)
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches - Christmas words die; Michael's - ribbon; Recollections - holly leaves; Creative charms - pearls
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent; Recollections - red tape; Ranger - Glossy Accents

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Chris. I love how you changed the wood to suit the challenge (even if you missed it). And the sparkle "Christmas" makes a great contrast to the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you modified the color of your woodgrain paper! Super idea that I'm going to have to try with my DI. Great Christmas card that you could make a stack of! Love the die as well. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a terrific Christmas card! You mean I'm not the only one who misses challenge deadlines? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, love the skeetch. Ya missing challenges is how I roll too. , you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big fan of the woodgrain here! And love how you altered the color with your DI. The glitter and pearls are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here I thought *I* was the queen of late-to-the-party. Love the way you colored the paper, and the inlaid die-cuts. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Amazing inking on the woodgrain - getting just that right tint. And WOOT on the inlaid die - I've done it once & found it fiddlier to make work than I thought :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.