Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fintastic Birthday...CTS#33

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Well we are back from being on vacation the last two weeks. We stayed one week with my in-laws up in Wisconsin and the next in Illinois with my parents. (Andy and I are both from Illinois, his parents retired to WI) It was sooooo wonderful to see family and friends again, to relax, to help out both sets of parents and do some jobs for them. We would love nothing better than to move back, but the combination of me being laid off, Andy having a great job, and a still crappy economy makes it really hard to just pack up and leave Maryland. One day soon, when we win the lottery, we are so moving back!

But until then, I will be crafting on! While back home, I did some card making. (Yes, I did take a little bit of supplies with me, you know, just in case there was a rainy day...and there were a few! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!) For this one, I played along with Cas(e) this Sketch #33:


and the inside:

Here is the sketch:


Love this sketch. LOVE IT! You can do so much with it. Just look at all the wonderful entries so far! Of course, I took a handful of Paper Smooches stamps with me to ink up. (I was missing my Grand Calibur and dies though. Luckily I had some pre cut shapes saved up and took those with me. You'll see those in another post!) I stamped the sentiment, masking the 'Happy' from the Birthday. The main panel was popped up with foam squares. I stamped and fussy cut the fish, and popped those up on foam squares as well. Finished the inside and was done!

And for a parting shot:


Andy and our fur baby, Colby, enjoying a cruise around the lakes on the pontoon. I love this pic so much I made it my profile pic on Facebook! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Briny Blue, Surf & Turf, Hullabaloo, Crystal Clear
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel, Nautical Blue
DP: Bazzill Basics - Lucy's Crab Shack
Card stock: Recollections (kraft), Paper Smooches (blue)
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: Marvy Uchida marker - light green

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous job with the sketch, you do CAS so well, mine wouldn't look that good if I tried. Great picture, gorgeous pup, Colby sure is enjoying the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that scenario sound familiar - it sucks being away from family sometimes. A lot of times. We'd have to win BIG to move back home :D
    I LOVE your funky fishies - they are too perfect for the sketch. And again with the inside :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally too cute, love how you have stamped the inside too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card and that picture is so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, I love Colby! How sweet! And love that fun card, too! Great sketch, and I adore those fishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fintastic (ya I went there) card!!!
    Love the pic of hubby and Colby...yellow dog love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another fab card! love the layout of the fishies :)

    that furbaby is so precious...love how he's sitting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.