Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oh em gee/PS Sparks - Cool Shades May 2013

Hello my lovelies and happy Thursday to you! Well, I didn't make the Sparks design team for this term...but I will be trying again in 6 months! In the meantime, I made a card for the Paper Smooches Sparks: Cool Shades challenge:


and the inside of the card:


Here are the colors to use: red, kraft, blue and teal:


Yep, I'm gonna use this for yet another graduation card! LOL! I think I only have 2 or 3 more to make. (Again, it was a fertile year for our families! HA!) I've used three stamp sets and three dies on this card. Woo Hoo! Note: The Duo Dies usually have a center cut out. What I did was die cut it and used the negative to trace the outline onto a piece of kraft paper. I simply fussy cut that then inked the edges. I'll use the first die cut for a future project. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Well, that's it for tonight. Leftovers for dinner as the hubby will be late. His company starts their golf club today after work, so I'm assuming he'll be playing...That is, if it's not raining where he's golfing! Isolated thunderstorms on the agenda tonight. (As I type this, it's started to rain here!)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a relaxing evening!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Flap Happy, Slang Gang, Simply Said
Ink: Memento - Nautical Blue, Lady Bug; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan
Dies: Paper Smooches - Duo Die 3, Hexalongs, Butterflies 1
DP: Bazzill Basics - Lucy's Crab Shack
Card stock: Bazzill Basics - teal & red Two Scoops card stock; Recollections - kraft, white
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik; Helmar 450 glue
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Recollections rhinestone swirls; Colorbok rhinestones


4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the design team, Chris. I absolutely adore what you do with the Paper Smooches stamps, and this is their loss! Love your latest card design. Perfect and fun for a graduation. Always, always LOVE your creative sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card possum!! Sorry you didn't make the DT :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a hard thing to miss out on :( They look like they have SO MUCH FUN plus um, PS stamps? I love this different way of using the die - and it's such a pretty girly grad card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I'm sorry about the DT. I think they're missing out one some real talent. Your cards are always so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.