Friday, January 25, 2013

For the record....

Happy Friday everyone! I hope that you are all ready for the winter storm that's pretty much over the eastern half of the US! (Got your milk, bread and toilet paper!?) LOL!

Today I want to share a card I made using the Retro Sketches #47 sketch:


Here is the inside:


And the sketch:

I was looking at the cards I've made so far this month, and I realized that the last 7 cards had red or pink on them! (Only two of them could be considered a Valentine's Day card. Go figure!) So I made a more masculine card....with no pink/red! I am really starting to enjoy the CAS style of card making, but will still make the occasional multi-layered card. As much as I like how the front of the card came out, is as much as I don't like the inside. I did a bone headed thing and cut the light gray panel a hair too short. And I was using up scrap. DOH!! (smacking hand against forehead)  Oh well, I used it anyway. Hey, and look at that: no patterned paper. I also used the 'for the record' stamp out of context. Love a great punch line! Ha!

Well, that's all for now. Think I'll go and curl up with a book and a hot cup of tea. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock; David Tutera card base; Bazzill (green); Recollections (white, light gray)
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. - July 2012 KOM (Happy Birthday), Feb. 2012 KOM (you are old), For the Record set; Paper Smooches - Teen Routine set (music note); Stampendous (music score)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black
Marker: Marvy Uchida - light green
Adhesives: SA by 3L (MyStik, 3D foam squares); Therm-o-web dots
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder

4 comments:

  1. so cute! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for popping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Chris. LOVE the images, especially the music notes. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I need to make this for my sister, who will always be older than me. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.