Monday, October 15, 2012

WCMD and Unity #8 color challenge

The final challenge (not including the bonus ones, of course!) This is for Unity's color challenge: to use cream, brown, olive and pumpkin on your card.

 and the inside:


I used the same cream paper for the top panel and to stamp the typewriter and 'take note'. Loved the ledger pattern on it. I took it a step further by punching out the border on the top edge. Makes it look like I ripped it off a note pad. (heh heh, get it?!) On the inside I paired the Happy Birthday stamp with one of my all time FAVORITE sentiment stamps from Unity: you. are. old. OMG! Too stinkin' funny!! LOL!

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
DP: Crate Paper (orange); Echo Park - This & That
Unity stamps: For the Record Co-brand with EP (take note and typewriter); Feb.2012 KOTM (you are old); July 2012 KOTM (Happy Birthday)
Ink: Tsukineko - Rich Cocoa; Clear Snap - Olive
Punch: EK Success
Corner rounder: Fiskars
Cord: May Arts
MyStik and 3D foam squares - SA by 3L
Grand Calibur; Labels one Nesties

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I love this-I have to remember this for my sisters' birthdays. They're all older than me and I love to rub it in their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I never would have expected that sentiment on the inside to go with the outside of this card! Too funny, and the perfect fun twist to go with your adorable card! Love the old typewriter image and love the color combo. The torn notebook edging is perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.