Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mojo Mondays card challenge 228

Happy Thursday all! Today we are getting nothing but rain here in Baltimore. I don't mind it, I like to walk in the rain. Now if I can only remember to buy some wellies so I can splash in the puddles! ☺

I made this card for the Mojo Mondays 228 card challenge. You can get all the deets here.



... and the sketch:


I wanted to use the "A little bird told me..." stamp, but couldn't use a circle otherwise it would have been too large. So I turned the sketch on it's side and used an oval instead. I also ran a marker around all the paper edges. 

I recently purchased a Grand Calibur by Spellbinders and I'm in love with it! I picked up some Cuttlebug embossing folders and I just LOVE using them! I'm like a little kid with a new toy!! I stamped the bird above the sentiment, and again on some pink paper, cut it out and glued it over the stamped image. I really love how this card came out!

Here's a list of supplies I used:
card stock: DCWV (greens); Bazzill Basics (black, white)
pattered paper: HOTP (gingham, pink); Frances Meyer (stripe); I'm not sure who made the green dot as the mfr. didn't put it's name/logo on the back side of the paper. If anyone happens to know who made it, I'd appreciate a heads up!
Stamps: My Cute Stamps (bird); Inkadinkado (A little bird...); Hero Arts (inside sentiment)
Ink: Tsukineko
Markers: Marvy Uchida, Tri-C
Nestabilities label die; Cuttlebug embossing folder

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day! Thanks for stopping by!

Chris ☺

1 comment:

  1. Really adorable creation and such a fabulous take on the MOJO sketch!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.