Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Dreamer

Hello crafty friends!
This is one of those rare posts of mine that is just for fun, and not scheduled.
(Note to self: I need to do more of those)

I created this card a few weeks ago for possible submission to Craft Stamper magazine,
for the June issue, but sadly it wasn't picked.

Oh well, I'll keep trying!
But, it turns out if fits the current challenge at





Here's what I created:


For my cloud background, I used Tumbled Glass DI and for each cloud 'row',
alternated sponging the darker areas with Mermaid Lagoon and Broken China.
If you close one eye and squint, you may be able to see the subtle differences.
Being as how I'm a huge fan of dragons, the choice was a no brainer for me.
Using my MISTI, I achieved the blue-purple color they were looking for by
stamping first in Dusty Concord DI, then Blueprint Sketch DI over it.
I took it a step further by stamping VersaMark Ink and clear embossing it.
 You can see the embossing in this pic:


 I clear embossed the sentiment also.
So that's it for now. Thanks for visiting,
and I hope that you have a great day!



I'd also like to enter this at Craft Stamper March Take It Make It challenge 
 







Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps - dragon; Katzelkraft - Dreamer 
Ink: Ranger DI - Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China, Dusty Concord, Blueprint Sketch; Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
CS: Neenah; Core'Dinations
Accessories: Cloud template; stencil brush; MISTI; WOW! - clear EP; heat gun; GC; Lawn Fawn - Scalloped rectangle die
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch foam tape 

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Chris! Love those clouds soooooooooo much, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love how you layered the colours and the clear embossing on your dragon is perfect 😁. It's nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments! Have a great day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all kinds of beautiful, Chris! Gorgeous work on the cloud background, and I love how perfectly the image and the sentiment work together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and fun magical and mystical dragon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your stenciled cloud background is one of *the* most beautiful I've ever seen; I'm going to save this for 'down the road' reference when next I bring out mine! The lovely sky is perfect for your gorgeous, shimmery dragon...so eye-catching! And if that's not enough eye-candy, you add even MORE to the impact with your sentiment! Mythical, magical and most definitely marvelous! So thrilled you shared this fabulous creation in the JUGS gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreamy card Chris. Love those bold clouds and awesome result of the texture of your dragon. Great layout. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.