Saturday, January 11, 2020

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #151 - H is for Headache


Hello and welcome snarky peeps!
Our first challenge of the year is H for Headache.
So, I had some fun with my paints and stencils and made an art journal page:


I found a meme with this sentiment and built my page around it.
(Note to self: find a less wordy meme in future!) Why? Because I
used an alphabet stamp set to stamp. every. letter. to. form. my. words. UGH!
Grab your beverage of choice. Here come some process pics:










One last look:


I hope that you get a chance to play along in our Headache challenge at the
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! We'd love to see your take on it. For more
inspiration, do check out what my Sisters, and our first Queen of the new year,
Julie, have created for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!





I'd like to enter this at:




Supplies:
Strathmore Art Journal
DecoArt Media Gesso & Matte Medium
Loew-Cornell paint brushes
DecoArt Americana acrylic paint: Dragon Fruit, Bright Orange, White, Black
toothbrush & water mister
Stencils: Stencil Girl; Dylusions; Dina Wakely
Imagine ink blushers
Stamps: Dylusions - Cat/Dog, Shattered Bits, Clearly Under the Sea; Paper Smooches - Mini Monograms
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir markers
Spectrum Noir paper
copy paper
Faber Castell black Artist PITT pen

12 comments:

  1. Fabulously arty and fabulously snarky too! Great work, sistah, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very artsy and super sentiment to boot. fab. card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a LOT of stamping!!! Love seeing your process in layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO impressed that you alphabet stamped your entire sentiment! Obviously I did that too recently (you know, the last year or two) so went for the computer myself. Gorgeous page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! There is no way on earth I would stamp so many individual letters, anything longer than half a dozen letters gets computer generated or left off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal page,brilliant image and sentiment-wow all those individual stamped letters.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhh soooooooo awesome!!!!!
    Love your journal page!
    Happy 2020 sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABulous art journal and loved your step by step tutorial..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, this is fabulous! I love the brilliant colors and lovely stencils. You have a great eye for both color and composition and those skills come together perfectly in this design. I have a bunch of those images and I may just try to do something with one today. You are my inspiration! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge and playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You have been chosen as one of our TOP ROCKERS for the week January 12 - 18, 2020.
    Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
    https://avenue613.blogspot.com/p/top-rockers-january-12-2020-january-18.html
    Resident Designers!
    613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the background and that sentiment is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this so much; that sentiment is hysterical!!! Love the background; I loved mixed media, just don't do it much!

    Thank you for joining us at Mix it Up!!
    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.