Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Under the wire, but wanted to play along

Hi friends and welcome! I have a to make this short and sweet, as the challenge I want to add this card to is about to end. (I know, always late to the party) I only recently discovered the Share Joy challenge at Taylored Expressions. (Yes, apparently I live under a rock) So, here is my card:


 and the inside:

I was experimenting with using memento inks as water colors. I didn't like how the panel came out, because the colors didn't blend as well as I'd have liked. Hindsight - wet the water color paper first. Also, one of the blue inks I used made spots of purple on the card. I thought I could save it by using the birch tree cover plate, and now I like it much better! I added some Diamond Stickles to the branches, die cut the cardinal and adhered it and the sentiment panel to my card. I drew faux stitches around the sentiment before adhering. Added some enamel dots and it was done. This card will be sent to my MIL for Christmas. She lives in northern WI, and is surrounded by the forest, birch trees included!

We are back up to the mid 90's and humid for the next few days after having a couple days in the low 80's with low humidity. Ugh. I wouldn't mind it so much if I was sitting beside the ocean. LOL! Thanks for visiting!



I'd like to enter this at Taylored Expressions Share Joy challenge #47 - using the middle column: stitching/blue/enamel dots



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Christmas Bell Medley; Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: Memento - Paris Dusk, Nautical Blue, Summer Sky, Lady Bug
CS: Strathmore water color paper; Bazzill; Darice
Accessories: GC; Taylored Expressions - Birch Tree cover plate & accessories; Avery Elle - Pierced rectangle die; paintbrush; Ranger - Diamond Stickles; Clearsnap - Sundance Smooch; Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen; fine tipped black marker; MME - enamel dots
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & Thin 3D foam squares; Scotch - scrapbooker's glue


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Chris! I love how you watercolor background looks through the tree cover plate. Such a great outdoorsy scene, and I love the touch of glitter for the holidays. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the colours, the background and the addition of the sickles. All topped off beautifully with the red cardinal x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the background came out beautiful! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this..the pops of red with the blue are stunning...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.