Saturday, February 6, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #52 K is for Kiss....


Welcome welcome! It's time for another fun challenge at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS! K is for KISS: whether you finish that with 'Me" or "My A$$" is entirely up to you! LOL! I actually went the sweet route this time around. (Shocking, I know. My apologies for making you fall out of your chair. Now sit back in it. *wink*) I think I redeemed myself with googly eyes. I hope. Here, check it:


 Here's the inside:

I own exactly one stamp that says Happy V-day, so you'll be seeing this often on my cards this time of year. The back panel was made by inking up an embossing folder with Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick DI, spritzed with water, and then the die cut panel layed down in the mess. It came out pretty cool, I think. My frog prince is paper pieced, and I used some Spectrum Noir markers to add shading on his body and crown, as well as coloring the mouth. The crown has Diamond Stickles on it, but again with my crack photography skillz, it doesn't show up. And there they are, the googly eyes. I stamped the hearts with Spun Sugar DI, then doodled around them so they showed up better. 

Ready to play along? Of course you are! Just link up your card or project at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so we can admire your genius! While there, please do check out what my Sistahs, and our newest Guest Designer - Dotty Jo - have created for your viewing pleasure, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting. Now go forth and get your craft on!


I'd like to enter this at:
Just Add Ink #297
Happy Little Stampers Feb. 2016 CAS challenge - embossing folder stamping
Paper Smooches Feb 2016 challenge - Fun & Cute

 

 


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Royal Cuteness, A Little Lovin; Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
DP: scrap (I think MME)
CS: Darice; Bazzill
Accessories: GC; Paper Smooches - Flag Tag die; Simon Says Stamp - Frames die; Cuttlebug - Oxford EF; Ranger - Diamond Stickles; Spectrum Noir markers; Bel-Tree Corp - googly eyes
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Elmer's glue stick; Ranger - Glossy Accents

13 comments:

  1. Great fun, Chris - I LOVE the googly eyes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, that frog/toad is so cute and great background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun frog that is Chris and you have made a great background for him! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love how you created your background, will have to give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, Chris and I love the soft and textured background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the googly eyes... they are perfect. The background is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As of this year, I now own TWO happy Valentines sentiments, yay me! Must have been something going around, for both of us to go the sweet route. This card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I might not want to kiss the frog but he definitely made me smile Chris! Love the googly eyes and the messy inked up embossing folder background! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just the cutest Chris, love your image, he certainly made me smile too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, so adorable! I love your little paper pieced froggy! The googly eyes definitely make it. And your background panel is SO cool! Gotta try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your embossing folder stamping worked out really well! Such a fun card, love the googly eyes! Thank you for joining in at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.