Saturday, August 2, 2014

A sort of CASE....

Hello, I'm back! I recently purchased the Birch Tree Cutting Plate by Taylored Expressions, and on the web site, there were a few sample cards made, that were all incredible! One of them, made by the uber talented Jen Shults, I loved so much I wanted to CASE. So, here's my sort of CASE of the card:


 Here's the inside:

I loved how the gray background on kraft, with the white birch trees looked, so that's what I CASEd. Even added Vintage Photo DI around the edges of the gray panel, and gray shadows on the trees. That's as far as the casing went. Before I glued down the trees, I used a white Gelly Roll pen to add snowflakes on the gray panel. I also die cut a cardinal (coloring the beak with Sundance Smooches and dotted an eye), and my sentiment panel is completely different. I gotta say, this is one of my favorite cards I've made. I just love the peaceful scene! Thank you, Jen, for the inspiration! Muah!

That's all for now. Time to take on the challenge of washing the fur baby. Ugh! I hope you all have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Joyful Greetings
Ink: Memento - Rhubarb Stalk; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo
CS: Recollections (kraft, gray); Darice (white)
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Taylored Expressions - Birch Tree cutting plate & accessories; Spectrum Noir BG1 marker; Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen; DMC floss; Smooches - sundance; Faber-Castell - Pitt Artist pen
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent; Scotch scrapbooker's glue


5 comments:

  1. Holy momma that's gorgeous!! Sheeesh now I think I **NEED** that die for my Christmas cards this year! Love the little cardinal and the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Chrispy, I do love a classic Christmas card of white birch and a red cardinal so I think your design is stunning! The sponging and the banner with the bow are all beautiful touches. I agree, this is my new favorite card you've done!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take card-making over furbaby washing any time, tyvm. And this card I'd happily take any time, too -- it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, gorgeous! The sponging is beautifully done - and i love how you added the flag & twine! Also, furbaby washing....no. How can critters who love the water hate baths SO MUCH?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.