Sunday, April 1, 2012

A rose by any other name....

Ok, I know, corny title. But I was trying out a couple things with the below card that I've never tried before: string art, and paper roses. Here it is:



I'm entering this for the Color Throwdown CTD185. Here's the inspiration:


I've been wanting to try the string art and incorporate it into a card for a while now and I knew this challenge was it! Also, I broke out a new die that I got but never used, until now. It's the rolled rose Die-namics from My Favorite Things stamps. First try with a rolled flower die and I think it turned out Ok. When the hot glue dried, I dampened the edges and rolled them back a bit so they looked more realistic. (don't have a water spritzer so I used my fingers - it worked fine!)  I popped a Prima pearl in the center because it wasn't tight enough. If anyone knows a trick to making a tiny center please let me know.

I love to try things that are outside my comfort zone and I think this card came out pretty much the way I planned it to. (probably better! LOL!)

Here are my supplies:
card stock: Bazzill; The Paper Co.
patterned paper: Echo Park (Dots & Stripes Metro) and DCWV (Mariposa)
stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Tsukineko
adhesive: Tombow; Glue Dots; glue gun
accessories: flowers/pearls - Prima; Die: rolled roses Die-namics by MFT Stamps; Floss - DMC; Grand Calibur; Slice

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!

Chris ☺

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow--what a COOL look the string adds to this card! I love the way you combined these colors for the challenge--very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow... I imagine it was quite some work with this card! Nicely done! Lovely. Thanks for your comment on my blog. :)

    Have a blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really put a lot of work into this card! Beautiful job! Your rolled rose turned out perfectly! So glad you could join us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the string art! Great card! Don't you just love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a striking effect!!! beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.